Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My magazine (fixed)

Tip us?

KyosukeX79
Old
(Last edited by KyosukeX79; 16th April 2014 at 10:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My magazine (fixed)

I just got my samsung galaxy s5 today, and I cant seem to get my magezine to update or even show any news.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyosukeX79 View Post
I just got my samsung galaxy s5 today, and I cant seem to get my magezine to update or even show any news.

that my magazine thing is dumb....its basically a flipboard widget....i disabled it and turned it off

Arkanthos2015
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Agree with the above poster. I got annoyed with it, so I disabled it and have flipboard running instead. You can use it's widget to perform much the same way if you want to, but I'd rather not waste a home screen

By the way, to disable it, long press on an empty area of a home screen, hit home screen settings and you can disable it in there.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanthos2015 View Post
Agree with the above poster. I got annoyed with it, so I disabled it and have flipboard running instead. You can use it's widget to perform much the same way if you want to, but I'd rather not waste a home screen

By the way, to disable it, long press on an empty area of a home screen, hit home screen settings and you can disable it in there.
After doing what you did, I then went into application manager and disabled it permanently

-Sent from Tapatalk

KyosukeX79
Old
(Last edited by KyosukeX79; 16th April 2014 at 10:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did end of disabling it but I am still wondering why it would not load any of the sections. They all just say, "content will be available later" so can anyone help with my issue?

Edit: weirdest thing, it started working today.