Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not getting notifications until...

OP allergic2idiots

23rd February 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag kalama
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Any one else have the problem of not getting notifications until you unlock the phone? I notice it also with facebook messenger, facebook, and not getting email either. Is this just me or someone else having this problem?
23rd February 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hampton, GA
Thanks Meter: 97

448 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allergic2idiots

Any one else have the problem of not getting notifications until you unlock the phone? I notice it also with facebook messenger, facebook, and not getting email either. Is this just me or someone else having this problem?

Are you completely stock or rooted on a custom ROM?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th February 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag kalama

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith

Are you completely stock or rooted on a custom ROM?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am completely stock. I do not want to root the device.
24th February 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 120

731 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allergic2idiots

I am completely stock. I do not want to root the device.

Mine does/did the same thing. Never figured out what it was. Now it is up for sell and I am using my newer HTC One. I think it might be the power saver but never got around to testing it. In PS mode it is supposed to turn data off when the phone is sleeping.
24th February 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag kalama

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68

Mine does/did the same thing. Never figured out what it was. Now it is up for sell and I am using my newer HTC One. I think it might be the power saver but never got around to testing it. In PS mode it is supposed to turn data off when the phone is sleeping.

messing around with the settings and found it has something to do with the lock screen security. When its set to "none" the notifications works fine. I have tried a couple of the apps for screen locks and are not satisfied with them as far as thier looks. I am really hoping when ATT finally released the kit kat update it will fix this problem. I just sold my LG G2 to get this phone. Kinda disappointed now that ATT released its update today.

I used to have the HTC one but didnt like not having the sd card. I found I like the bigger screens.
15th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 16

62 posts
More
Did you finally figure out the solution? I am completely stock, not rooted and have the same issue since last 6 months. I never had any lock screen, so thats not the issue, I always have my phone unlocked.

The problem is not app specific. The delay in notification happens all across the board. When my phone is sleeping, i dont get any notification. As soon as I wake it up, all notification come at the same time, including Yahoo mail, Gmail, hangout messages, whatsapp, Google voice, twitter and others.

It seems like the wifi/data is disabled when phone is sleeping. I double checked in the Advanced Wifi option that wifi is always on. Some people said that the push notification heartbeat might be the issue but why only few of us are seeing this issue and not everyone?

Anyone have any solution?
16th April 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #7  
Fayetteville NC
Thanks Meter: 46

226 posts
More
I have always had my Note 3 on PIN, and I always wake up to at least 2 or 3 emails (sometimes many more), and at least 2 or 3 days I wake up to a new text (I don't text people normally, but Amazon texts me to let me know an order has shipped, etc.)

So it's not the email or text app and it's not the lock screen "as a rule on all devices". It could be a few different things, like allowing wifi to be turned off when the screen is off (that saves so little battery it doesn't make any practical difference - turn it off and keep wifi on all the time). I don't normally run with 3G/4G on, but that shouldn't turn off during sleep, so it wouldn't cause the problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread