5,594,877 Members 38,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APOLLO/RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.72 [2014-03-26]

Tip us?

mjculross
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default resetting selinux contexts at boot time . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I think I see it. For some reason the restore is crashing when it doesnt find selinux contexts in the stock backup.

I'll need to research how to fix.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
On a "standard" lnux build, you can force the OS to parse through the entire filesystem tree & relabel all selinux contexts by creating the following file:

# touch /.autorelabel

Might very well have to have root to create that file, so may not be an option here . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjculross View Post
On a "standard" lnux build, you can force the OS to parse through the entire filesystem tree & relabel all selinux contexts by creating the following file:

# touch /.autorelabel

Might very well have to have root to create that file, so may not be an option here . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

That should work, afaik.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
That should work, afaik.
The real issue is that I probably built the recovery with SELINUX enabled, where the kernel we use doesn't support it at all.

So, I'll probably need to do another release to fix that error. We shouldn't be looking for any contexts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancrosoft
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am unable to restore a backup to the the new ROM Slot with 16GB data... Get a partition error. Do we have any work around for this?

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
I am unable to restore a backup to the the new ROM Slot with 16GB data... Get a partition error. Do we have any work around for this?
I'm rebuilding a new 3.73 Safestrap w/o SELinux.

However feel free to send me the recovery.log file right after trying to restore the backup.

(use adb to pull /tmp/recovery.log)

EDIT: the only reason this isnt out yet is that I'm travelling currently and I'm working through some recent TWRP merge issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancrosoft
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I'm rebuilding a new 3.73 Safestrap w/o SELinux.

However feel free to send me the recovery.log file right after trying to restore the backup.

(use adb to pull /tmp/recovery.log)

EDIT: the only reason this isnt out yet is that I'm travelling currently and I'm working through some recent TWRP merge issues.

Thanks for the reply. Have decided to get rid of then Kindle . Good luck!

f2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a weird issue, I can't really understand ...
I received a HDX 8.9" today and made all the necessary changes to install Gapps. Everything was fine, I had a proper installation of Amazon's Stock Rom in Slot1. Unfortunately during the installation process of Gapps there were a few problems, so I decided to go back and start all over again. So I deleted Slot1, created it again, went to restore, etc.

My issue now is that as soon as I restore the screen goes black, turns on, gets black again and that's it. It does not flash anything ...

I already made a factory reset and reinstalled SS, but unfortunately nothing helped. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks ...

Reckerr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2 View Post
I have a weird issue, I can't really understand ...
I received a HDX 8.9" today and made all the necessary changes to install Gapps. Everything was fine, I had a proper installation of Amazon's Stock Rom in Slot1. Unfortunately during the installation process of Gapps there were a few problems, so I decided to go back and start all over again. So I deleted Slot1, created it again, went to restore, etc.

My issue now is that as soon as I restore the screen goes black, turns on, gets black again and that's it. It does not flash anything ...

I already made a factory reset and reinstalled SS, but unfortunately nothing helped. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks ...
Since it's new, try not restoring. But Creating a new rom slot then flashing the clean Amazon rom zip to the rom slot freshly. Maybe that backup of the rom slot isnt good. Worth a try.