FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[No Root] Remove T-Mobile hotspot upsell?

574 posts
Thanks Meter: 83
 
By TheWizKid95, Senior Member on 12th April 2014, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone know how to? I don't really want to root, I just want to be able to take advantage of my unlimited data.
 
 
12th April 2014, 12:27 PM |#2  
hypersonicx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizKid95

Anyone know how to? I don't really want to root, I just want to be able to take advantage of my unlimited data.

On the Note 3, the process was to just create another APN with fast.t-mobile.com and ipv4.

Not sure if its the same process with the M8 though.

I also used PDANet on the Note 3 for unlimited tether to my computer and other devices such as Xbox One and PS4 etc...

I will be looking into this more soon as mine gets delivered today.

Last time I took advantage of my unlimited data with tethering hack, I was doing about 90/130GB a month on TMobile.
12th April 2014, 09:28 PM |#3  
TheWizKid95's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonicx

On the Note 3, the process was to just create another APN with fast.t-mobile.com and ipv4.

Not sure if its the same process with the M8 though.

I also used PDANet on the Note 3 for unlimited tether to my computer and other devices such as Xbox One and PS4 etc...

I will be looking into this more soon as mine gets delivered today.

Last time I took advantage of my unlimited data with tethering hack, I was doing about 90/130GB a month on TMobile.

I tried to do it earlier, but it wouldnt let me connect using the new APN. It would just revert to the default one. Anyone else try it?
13th April 2014, 12:21 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,732
 
Donate to Me
More
This is the solution I came up with: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715450

The problem is that you won't be able to modify /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to change the APN that the built in tethering app uses without root.
13th April 2014, 12:33 AM |#5  
fmedrano1977's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 466
 
More
Yeah your not doing it without root.

T-Mobile HTC One
14th April 2014, 07:50 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This might be a silly question, but is there an unrooted M8 somewhere that would allow me to get around the tethering surcharge? Maybe the developer edition, GPE, or an unlocked device from another carrier?

Thanks!
15th April 2014, 03:25 PM |#7  
fmedrano1977's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 466
 
More
Good luck with that.

Nexus 7
16th April 2014, 07:40 AM |#8  
seshaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
I heard an app called open garden works

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to seshaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 10:22 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshaz

I heard an app called open garden works

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, will try all these suggestions and report back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes