Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vaulty Pro lost pics!

Tip us?

f22prelude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Vaulty Pro lost pics!

Hey guys I'm pretty new here so please go easy on me. Recently I updated my Vault Pro app and for some reason all of my pictures that I had stored have been deleted. They are nowhere on my sdcard or internal drive to be found, I have emailed the developer without a reply. After reading some of the comments on the app after the update it appears that I'm not the only one. Does anyone have any information or assistance they can give to me? I'd really like my pics back and to know that they aren't out there in the freaking cloud.....

Aiekazie
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Only thing I know is if you're rooted then flash a backup. As far as cloud storage I don't think vaulty did that (at least when I used it they didn't)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

f22prelude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiekazie View Post
Only thing I know is if you're rooted then flash a backup. As far as cloud storage I don't think vaulty did that (at least when I used it they didn't)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
This was very recently that this had happened, I'd say within the month. People posted a few comments on the apps page about KitKat.

"Well, Google's stupid Kitkat has pretty much killed using SD Cards to write to, so while many people's Vaults are still on their phones, because of how Google has structured permissions, individual Vaults are now unreadable until a fix comes out (if it ever does). Awful (but not the developers fault)."

"After I updated my note 3 to KitKat, it completely wiped out all of my pics and videos. Please.....fix"

I'm not too sure as to what could have happened or what changed but I'd also like to get my pics back if it's possible. Anyone? Anything?

mattlowry
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,076

DONATE TO ME
did you use the online backup feature?

f22prelude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlowry View Post
did you use the online backup feature?
I don't believe that there is an online backup feature.