Kernel Issues? Would appreciate input!

16th April 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Hi All,

I've had my G2 for quite some time now and I'm always experiencing the same problems. For the majority of the time, I've been using CM11 nightlies and they seem to be decent. Currently I'm on Carbon.

Anyway, I have 3 relatively serious, persistent issues. 1) Several lock-up "Sleep of Death" scenarios per day. Probably 4-5. I have tried switching to Interactive CPU mode as well as upping my minimum CPU speed which doesn't help. 2) GPS has never been accurate / functional in any ROM I've tried but works perfectly in stock. 3) Stuttery OS in general. Most noticeable when typing and it skips several haptic feedbacks. Also stutters when switching applications, opening the app drawer, etc. Just for the record, I always do completely clean installs on every ROM - even if I'm just updating a nightly.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to alleviate any of these issues? I absolutely hate the stock OS, so I would prefer not having to rely on it. I have heard that updating the kernel is an option. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-16-17-48-57.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	2690453  
Last edited by bobbyt2012; 17th April 2014 at 06:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread