[Q] GPS on S4 is not working after flashing KangaKat

OP HAL900

7th February 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi,

I flashed this ROM -->| |★KANGAKAT★|►KOT49H◄| |GE|►6.0◄|4.4.2|KIT-KAT| Dec.15.13, everything runs fine but my GPS is unable to lock on my location. I checked all the Location settings on the phone, everything is turned on. Mode is set to Battery saving, i also tried High accuracy. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Samsung S4 (MDL)
GravityBox
27th February 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL900

Hi,

I flashed this ROM -->| |★KANGAKAT★|►KOT49H◄| |GE|►6.0◄|4.4.2|KIT-KAT| Dec.15.13, everything runs fine but my GPS is unable to lock on my location. I checked all the Location settings on the phone, everything is turned on. Mode is set to Battery saving, i also tried High accuracy. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Samsung S4 (MDL)
GravityBox

Bump for the answer. I have the same issue. GPS seems to get a general of where i am but it will not lock on my location for turn by turn directions for MAPS or any other app
16th April 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

215 posts
Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle*

Bump for the answer. I have the same issue. GPS seems to get a general of where i am but it will not lock on my location for turn by turn directions for MAPS or any other app

I am having the same exact issue, has this been solved? I have tried a number of fixes that i found on xda and google but with no luck. I originally got the issue after flashing hyperdrive and thought it was rom related and switched to skyfall but no change. I have also tried wiping several times and fixing permissions, removing the transparent weather widget ( i couldnt as it was not installed), unchecking location on stock browser, changing to High accuracy. It was working fine before hyperdrive. The only thing i have not tried is wiping and flashing stock but it might be the only option at this point. I dont think its hardware as it was working fine before hyperdrive and it has not been dropped. What is the best or most effective way of wiping to stock and getting back to skyfall? I am running the AT&T galaxy s4 I337 on mdl boot, with nb1 modem, philz recovery and stock kernel from skyfall but I have also tried ktoon kernel. Thanks
16th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 77

241 posts
More
I've had the same issue using various KK 4.4.2 ROMs with Safe Strap. I've tried everything imaginable to fix it and positive the problem lies with the beta version of SafeStrap or ROM implementation.
16th April 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

215 posts
Stock odin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinco1

I've had the same issue using various KK 4.4.2 ROMs with Safe Strap. I've tried everything imaginable to fix it and positive the problem lies with the beta version of SafeStrap or ROM implementation.

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing these issues but i dont think it is caused by SafeStrap for me because i have never used it. So I guess it has to do with the rom implementation. Would you happen to know what the most up to date stock rooted odin package is that i can use to flash to stock and then get back to skyfall or goldeneye? I did not flash any over the air and do not use safe strap. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread