Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch coming this year

Tip us?

iamdarqueza
Old
(Last edited by iamdarqueza; 16th April 2014 at 01:56 PM.) Reason: Deleted something doubled
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch coming this year

"One of Samsung’s head strategists confirmed that the company would launch an Android Wear smartwatch this year, though Tizen remains a focus both in wearables and in smartphones.

Talking to Reuters, Yoon Han-kil, senior vice president of Samsung’s strategy team, confirmed that an Android-powered smartwatch is scheduled for this year, though he declined to provide a timeline. When Android Wear launched last month, Samsung was mentioned as one of the initial partners developing smartwatches powered by Google’s new wearable-focused operating system. So far, Motorola and LG are the only partners that have showed off actual Android Wear products; other partners include HTC, Asus, as well as component providers like Broadcom, Qualcomm, and MediaTek.

Samsung also has its own smartwatch-ready operating system in Tizen, which powers the recently released Gear 2. Then there’s the Gear Fit, which runs a different OS that Samsung developed specifically for it. With Android Wear in the picture, it seems that Samsung is hedging its bets with multiple operating systems, in an effort to gain traction in the promising wearable industry."

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...-tizen-369134/

QUESTION
Do you think its possible if our Galaxy Gear 1 can also run Android Wear in the future? I saw some thread in Android Wear thread here in xda and they're saying that its possible. Cant wait for Galaxy Gear 1 running Android Wear

Sent from my Tesla Model S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I quess the question is will it cone in the form of a Gear 2 or a seperate device all together... Either way, sounds VERY exciting!