Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Calculate GMail unread messages

Tip us?

Bembel75
Old
(Last edited by Bembel75; 7th April 2014 at 10:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Calculate GMail unread messages

Hi,

I have been using Zooper pro for the last few months on my stock Nexus 5 with Apex launcher and still have not managed to show a unread messages count from three different GMail "folders". While it seems to be working in general, displaying the resulting number of all unread messages count in a single number won't work:

[c=#FF0000][tl]$(#SUG#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_notification#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_so cial#)=1?1 E-Mail$$(#SUG#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_notification#+#SUG^sq_ig _i_social#)>1?(#SUG#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_notification#+#S UG^sq_ig_i_social#) E-Mails$$#SMCALLS#=1? #SMCALLS# Anruf$$#SMCALLS#>1? #SMCALLS# Anrufe$$#SUSMS#>0? #SUSMS# SMS$[/tl][/c]

Whenever there are more than one (1) unread messages - I had like 160 e-mails the other day - "(6+64+89) E-Mails" instead of "159 E-Mals". I tried to Google it and tested various formats but I could not find out how to display the sum...

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers!

Bembel75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I invested another few hours on this and found out that using this calculation to display the value as in

$(#SUG#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_notification#+#SUG^sq_ig_i_so cial#)$

works pefectly returning a single number of unread e-mails, but if used in a conditional

1.) greater/equal or else expression results are wrong
2.) displaying the string above just displays "(0+1+1)" depending on the unread message counts

Does anyon know how to add the three variables and use the result in a conditional? Or is it possibe to assign the result of the calculation to a variable which I then use for the conditional?

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers...

Bembel75
Old
(Last edited by Bembel75; 11th April 2014 at 12:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Because I could not stop looking for a solution I changed from a calculation of folders to the use of #SUG^all# instead.
Downside was/is the way GMail calculates "all" e-mails, I had to delete/mark all GMails read I had ever just deleted and I need to mark them as read from now on before I delete them - but now I have the time to chase this without being annoyed by brackets whenever I got more than one unread GMail.

So still - why does Zooper treat calculations differently in a conditional compared to a simple calculation?

Cheers!

jazzespresso
Old
Thanks Meter 553
I am, kind of, dealing the same issue...take a look at following link;

http://www.jagwar.de/en/show-notific...r-with-tasker/

I know this uses Tasker as additional tool, but still whenever I have more than 1 email, email count always shows 1.

if you figure out, drop me a line!
"Chaos is order yet undeciphered"

================================================== ================
  • Nexus 7 WiFi (2012) - [KK 4.4.4 KTU84P] ♦ [PURITY ROM]
  • Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T, Stock ROM 4.4.2
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7 - GT-P3113 - 4.4.4 - Official SlimKat ROM
  • Galaxy Note 8.0 - GT-N5110 - 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0_Rev1.8 with SPen Air Feature
  • HP TouchPad - WebOS - still one of the best OS!
================================================== ================