Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gap in between screen and trim located by volume button....

Tip us?

th3h0ff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Gap in between screen and trim located by volume button....

Curious if anyone else has this gap??? I'm not a machinist but if you look at my GS5 laying flat on the table you can see a noticeable gap between the screen and the silver trim on the left. Now aesthetically I couldnt care less, but im wondering if this will affect the dust and water resistance... to prove I wasnt imagining things i tried to slide a business card in between the glass and the trim and it fit, when i tried the other side there was no gap. Is this normal and would my phone still be IP certified as water resistant? Just bought it yesterday so if its an issue id like to get it resolved. I have youtubed a teardown of the phone and it looks like the screen is glued down to the lip underneath the silver trim to lock out water. So if mine is flexed or bowed out Im doubting if it is sealed properly. Thanks

Andrew

gilbnx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I don't see any significant gap on the right side; it's the same on both sides.
Why won't you visit a local T-Mobile store if you have one nearby and compare your phone to the ones display?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda premium
Gil B.
T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S 5

Ex. T-mo SGS-4, T-mo SGSIII,SGS II, Samsung Captivate GB, Tilt-2...
The Following User Says Thank You to gilbnx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

th3h0ff
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbnx View Post
I don't see any significant gap on the right side; it's the same on both sides.
Why won't you visit a local T-Mobile store if you have one nearby and compare your phone to the ones display?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda premium
I will eventually get to one to check it out but its going to be a few days, in the mean time if I could eliminate it as a concern before than it would help me eliminate the trip! Thanks for the reply!