5,600,335 Members 35,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to root a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" (SM-T217S)

Tip us?

colt223
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers View Post
My model number is T217S. I tried to do some extra googling and came up with a post saying that the update after 4.2.2 installed KNOX on their tablet, which made their tablet come up with errors when trying to root. Based on your answer and what I found, I'm assuming I'm alright to give it a try. I do have one other question though. After rooting do you know if it would be possible to unroot incase I have to go back to Sprint with a problem?
I am honestly not sure about going back, but I have had no problems. In fact, when I booted after root, something (sorry I dont remember if it was during root, or after) asked me if I wanted to disable Knox. I said yes, and smooth sailing ever since. I think it might have been the super user app itself that disabled it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to colt223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slickdealers
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt223 View Post
I am honestly not sure about going back, but I have had no problems. In fact, when I booted after root, something (sorry I dont remember if it was during root, or after) asked me if I wanted to disable Knox. I said yes, and smooth sailing ever since. I think it might have been the super user app itself that disabled it for me.
Just tried it and successfully rooted! I got the same message that you described about Knox. It appears when you go to update SuperSu. Thank you for the help!

For anyone else wondering about going back to stock, I found a thread to the stock firmware.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512172

Chinaberry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found the answer in another thread. Flashing TWRP will trip Knox.

Mr_Ada
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Didn't work for me

I did the TWRP stuff and all it did was trigger that warranty bit. Still no root.