Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I think I bricked my phone.

Tip us?

1heffer
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostang3 View Post
So when I run

I get

I tried

but replaced sdc with each variation of the ones above and none of them returned anything like the list in this thread.
You're definately not getting anything back with more than 1 or 2 partitions. Could be a brick . Maybe if you're lucky you just overlooked some seemingly minute detail. Possibly try a different usb port or different computer.....sorry bud.

There are quite a few "bricked" threads in q&a, and some in dev. Maybe combing through all of that will shed a little light on the subject.
Good luck

nostang3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1heffer View Post
You're definately not getting anything back with more than 1 or 2 partitions. Could be a brick . Maybe if you're lucky you just overlooked some seemingly minute detail. Possibly try a different usb port or different computer.....sorry bud.

There are quite a few "bricked" threads in q&a, and some in dev. Maybe combing through all of that will shed a little light on the subject.
Good luck
I searched on this forum and no dice. Since it's not being recognized I'm screwed. I tried doing a different computer with no luck.

hiddenfive
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I searched on this forum and no dice. Since it's not being recognized I'm screwed. I tried doing a different computer with no luck.
Had the EXACT same issue, I just got a replacement.
The only different thing, I was messing around with basebands.
NOT a good idea.

nostang3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
Had the EXACT same issue, I just got a replacement.
The only different thing, I was messing around with basebands.
NOT a good idea.
I have one being shipped to me as well but I was hoping to somehow get some files off the sd card(if there is one). I have some pictures that mean alot to me.

hiddenfive
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I have one being shipped to me as well but I was hoping to somehow get some files off the sd card(if there is one). I have some pictures that mean alot to me.
No backups stored on computer? Didn't backup to google cloud? No cloud backups?
I tried recovering the data for about 6 hours. No dice.
Also, to my knowledge, there is no SD card in the phone, maybe solder points for one but I don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiddenfive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nostang3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
No backups stored on computer? Didn't backup to google cloud? No cloud backups?
I tried recovering the data for about 6 hours. No dice.
Also, to my knowledge, there is no SD card in the phone, maybe solder points for one but I don't know.
I had plans to do a cloud backup today, but the error happened. I learned a lot today. Lol. Won't happen again. If it does I'll have a backup.