Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple Llama configuration Help required

Tip us?

vonz33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Simple Llama configuration Help required

Hi,

I am thinking of using Llama to switch on and off automatically the WiFi Hotspot function on my Mototola Razr XT910.

I have watched some tutorials but it was not of any hep, or maybe I have watched the wrong ones. I have tried to do it but I cant find how...

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

VonZ

Meaple
Old
Thanks Meter 178

DONATE TO ME
Llama is fairly logical. You have two main sections that you need to configure, area and events. An area is an area around a place, ie your home or work, that you will be going in and out of. An event is something that happens when a condition is met. For example, if you setup an area for when you are at home, you can set and event so that when you enter your home area, the WiFi turns on. You can then setup a separate event so when you leave the home area your WiFi turns off.

Does that help?

Get your Dropbox GDrive

vonz33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaple View Post
Llama is fairly logical. You have two main sections that you need to configure, area and events. An area is an area around a place, ie your home or work, that you will be going in and out of. An event is something that happens when a condition is met. For example, if you setup an area for when you are at home, you can set and event so that when you enter your home area, the WiFi turns on. You can then setup a separate event so when you leave the home area your WiFi turns off.

Does that help?
Thanks for your response however my plan is not my phone to receive wifi but to transmit. I manually switch on and off the hotspot. Would like this to be automated and cannot find "hotspot" in the list.

Meaple
Old
Thanks Meter 178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonz33 View Post
Thanks for your response however my plan is not my phone to receive wifi but to transmit. I manually switch on and off the hotspot. Would like this to be automated and cannot find "hotspot" in the list.
In the list of actions it's called WiFi Hotspot. It's at the bottom.

Get your Dropbox GDrive
The Following User Says Thank You to Meaple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vonz33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaple View Post
In the list of actions it's called WiFi Hotspot. It's at the bottom.
Got it! Thanks.