Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! One stuck without Rom and wiped SD

Tip us?

slayaman22232
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Help! One stuck without Rom and wiped SD

Hey guys,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my AT&t HTC One. I was trying to update it to android revolution v62 and by accident i wipe my entire internal sd card and I have no rom on the phone to boot into right now. I know you can sideload a rom or put a rom on your sd card via this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497. But the problem is I can not get my computer to recognize my phone. I have the android sdk installed with all the updates. I have the HTC drivers installed as well. I just need my computer to recognize my phone. It only shows up in device manager when i put it into fastboot mode. I tried to do the RUU but it couldn't recognize the phone. Also when I try to do adb devices, it also shows that no devices are connected I think it's a driver issue. Also I'm on windows 7 64 bit. Thanks so much!

Also my phone is

S-off
unlocked

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayaman22232 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my AT&t HTC One. I was trying to update it to android revolution v62 and by accident i wipe my entire internal sd card and I have no rom on the phone to boot into right now. I know you can sideload a rom or put a rom on your sd card via this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497. But the problem is I can not get my computer to recognize my phone. I have the android sdk installed with all the updates. I have the HTC drivers installed as well. I just need my computer to recognize my phone. It only shows up in device manager when i put it into fastboot mode. I tried to do the RUU but it couldn't recognize the phone. Also when I try to do adb devices, it also shows that no devices are connected I think it's a driver issue. Also I'm on windows 7 64 bit. Thanks so much!

Also my phone is

S-off
unlocked
Try this guide for your drivers issues:

Quote:
originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways
for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver

Open "Device Manager"

there's the culprit

right click and Update Driver Software

select Browse my computer for driver software

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

select Android USB Devices

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)

warning, select Yes

successful installation

now it looks better

and can confirm:
Code:
C:\ADB3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot