Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returned to stock 7.4.6 but will not Sync update to 7.4.8

Tip us?

Anchorman42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Returned to stock 7.4.6 but will not Sync update to 7.4.8

I am trying to return my Kindle Fire HD7 to factory stock with OTA working. I have it running on 7.4.6 and I'm pretty sure I could copy the 7.4.8 update the the SD card root and click the "Update Your Kindle" button to get to 7.4.8 but I like to make sure that future OTA updates will work, so I purposely update only to 7.4.6 and then let OTA take it up to the current version. On this Kindle, something must be wrong because it will not "Sync" update to 7.4.8.

First, I ran KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5 and flashed the system to 7.3.0 (rooted)
Next, I ran Restore-Factory Recovery
Next, I ran Erase cache and user data
Next, I rebooted
at that point it was working on 7.3.0

Then, I copied the 7.4.6 update to the root of the SD card and hit the "Update Your Kindle" button
The Kindle is now indicating version 7.4.6 and running normally

Now after fully charging the battery, I tap on "Sync" (which starts the curved arrows spinning) and let the thing go to sleep. This usually results fairly quickly in an update to 7.4.8 but on this Kindle every time I check (several days now) it is still sitting on 7.4.6. I have also tried Factory Reset a few times but it did not help.

I would have thought that after running the factory 7.4.6 update there should not be anything different that would prevent the OTA update from working. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this problem? I have spent quite a bit of time searching the forum and have not found a similar problem.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Just update it with the zip the way you didn't want to, its going to completely wipe the changes made to the system in the process thus unblocking ota's in the future.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
Tags
ota, sync