Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Moto G Xt1032 - how to recover IMEI?

Tip us?

herbesi01
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
I haven't.
I tried to sole this issues re-flashing with different roms, but after several operations it bricked.
It's totally dead, not charging, in linux I can't see device connected, so i think that is dead.
I bought new one.

Good luck with this problem.
I solved the problem, place to charge the phone, let him take some of the load and flash the original ROM, after that flash CM11, and run perfectmente, I think at first it was because I had done without the SIM, the second time you make with the SIM sunset ...
Current Phone: Motorola Moto G - 8 GB

Old Phone: Xperia Mini Pro + Xperia P + Nokia Lumia 520

Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1

RestlessScreams
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbesi01 View Post
I solved the problem, place to charge the phone, let him take some of the load and flash the original ROM, after that flash CM11, and run perfectmente, I think at first it was because I had done without the SIM, the second time you make with the SIM sunset ...
Perfectemente? Sunset?

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

RestlessScreams
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Any news?..

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

rgonera
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sooo, a solution to restore IMEI without save file does exist ?

rohanraarora
Old
(Last edited by rohanraarora; 28th March 2014 at 08:19 PM.) Reason: A useful Link i forgot to add earlier
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
Hi all,

My Moto G XT1032 have Unlocked Bootloader CWM recovery and is rooted, running CWM room v 11.
Phone lost IMEI code after flashing with diffrent roms, now I don't have mobile reception, wifi and bluetooth is working fine.

I had similar issue with Gionee E6 but I found imei file in the phone and recreate IMEI number.
In Moto G I can't find imei file so don't know hot to fix this.

Please let me know how to recover IMEI number.
I hope that someone know how to do it.

Many thanks
Chris
I had same problem with my previous device , manually restored imei on my previous device which was Micromax A116 by using Engineer/Service mode dialing *#*#3646633#*#* which works for all MTK device
Dont know code for moto g
my current device is moto g PM me if you get any useful info or serice mode code
Thanks
Btw take a look at this this might help you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1960918
please note i havent tried it for moto g.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press Thanks if my precious time saved yours ...

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonera View Post
Sooo, a solution to restore IMEI without save file does exist ?
Yes It Does for most of the devices given you should know the proper method.

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 663
Mtk is different. It's not the same thing.

Verus17
Old
(Last edited by Verus17; 17th April 2014 at 04:14 AM.) Reason: Forgot to mention additional details :)
Thanks Meter 0
Any news?

Also I think the problem is that the imei is on the phone just not on the OS? (obviously, but...)
Maybe when we all reflashed to the original stock (and countless other stocks) they just didn't have the proper folder to access in order to identify what imei they're assigned?

Because every single time I've tried to manually rewrite the imei to it all the methods I've used are futile. Even the ones specially tailored to the Moto G's hardware SnapDragon - Qualcomm...