5,598,086 Members 42,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF][TOT] V510 Stock Firmware (possibly covert V500 into V510)

Tip us?

vithorleal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, it doesn't work, right?

But can anyone tell me if there's great difference between a CM11 based version (any recommendations as to the best one?) and the v510 model (GP edition)? I plan on buying one, the v500, but as I live in Brazil, the GP edition just isn't available. However, I'd still like to know if buying the v500 is a good deal after flashing the CM ROM, meaning, will it get as good a performance as the GP edition?

Thanks a lot!

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vithorleal View Post
So, it doesn't work, right?

But can anyone tell me if there's great difference between a CM11 based version (any recommendations as to the best one?) and the v510 model (GP edition)? I plan on buying one, the v500, but as I live in Brazil, the GP edition just isn't available. However, I'd still like to know if buying the v500 is a good deal after flashing the CM ROM, meaning, will it get as good a performance as the GP edition?

Thanks a lot!

Regular CM isn't as fast and smooth, but Infected's builds are really close in performence to GPE. i can assure you you won't be disappointed of the performence in infected's build (even though CM 11 isn't slow at all, infected is better)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vithorleal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot for the answer!

I really would pay the difference in price if the Google Play edition was available in my country, but it is not So, when I buy it, I'll probably root it and install a different custom ROM.
I'll probably buy the G Pad 8.3 in the beginning of July (2014). It's still worth it, right? I doubt there'll better options for the price, and since I'm buying on Brazil, the difference in price between the Ipad Mini 2 with Retina Display is almost the double (because of importation taxes) and I'm not a fan of iOS anyway (never have been).

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:

I really would pay the difference in price if the Google Play edition was available in my country, but it is not So, when I buy it, I'll probably root it and install a different custom ROM.

I'll probably buy the G Pad 8.3 in the beginning of July (2014). It's still worth it, right? I doubt there'll better options for the price, and since I'm buying on Brazil, the difference in price between the Ipad Mini 2 with Retina Display is almost the double (because of importation taxes) and I'm not a fan of iOS anyway (never have been).

July? It's fine, but I'm pretty sure the next gen would be announced in the end of august-start of september (2 months from july), so decide if you want to buy this gen or wait for the G Pad 2. I'd wait if I was you

vithorleal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh, really? And is that certain already? I mean, is there any "official" news or rumors about it? My only concern is, as the release will be happening around August, maybe it'll take a lot of time to get to Brazil. And, when it does, it's probably still going to be very expensive. Unless they keep a good price tag. And, do you think the new specs are worth the wait? Have the specs been published yet?

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Oh, really? And is that certain already? I mean, is there any "official" news or rumors about it? My only concern is, as the release will be happening around August, maybe it'll take a lot of time to get to Brazil. And, when it does, it's probably still going to be very expensive. Unless they keep a good price tag. And, do you think the new specs are worth the wait? Have the specs been published yet?

There are no rumors AFAIK.
Usually the next gen of devices comes a year after the last one...
It is up to you whether you wanna wait for the next gen (which has no rumors or launch dates) or buy it now. If I were you, in july (you said you can't buy it earlier right?) I'd check if there are rumors for the next gen. If there are, I'd wait. If there are no rumors, I'd buy it

vithorleal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I see... I think that's exactly what I'm gonna do. If by July there are any rumors of a next gen tablet with this price (that part is important, I'm not willing to pay much more than that, because I don't want the BEST tablet out there, just one that satisfies my needs and the G Pad currently does). Hell, maybe I'll wait till the end of the year (since the releases take some time to get here). But thanks for the information! It made me think about my options.

Subtleone
Old
(Last edited by Subtleone; 17th April 2014 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:

Import taxes have nothing to do with it, the Mini 2 is almost the double the price everywhere. The import taxes just mean that everything in Brazil is nearly double the price they cost in the US. An iPad Mini 2 that costs US$350 in the US costs US$650-700 in Brazil, etc.
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3
Camera mod - Jishnu's Camera

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

AndroidUser00110001
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3596

DONATE TO ME
If anyone would like to purchase my G Pad GPE then hit me up in PM. It is in brand new condition and comes with this case HERE
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!