5,599,842 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.x][UNOFFICIAL]Dirty Unicorns [Feb 13]

Tip us?

zawata
Old
(Last edited by zawata; 13th April 2014 at 11:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
Assuming cm merges some stuff from the 4.4 source, perhaps.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
actually the last time i built omni i got it all the way until like the very last point of the boot aniumation and then it froze but i also got it to boot only once(could not repolicate but the build date of mine was completely off) i alo go it to freeze during the boot logo and then display (a messed up) power menu. There were no animations and you couldn't select anything but the buttons were there and you could here the kitkat clicking noise

i remember reading the 4.4 update schedule and the dna was listed as "not scheduled" so it could be a while
it was not like other phones that said that they were not even going to update it

i also know that invisiblek started working on a new kernel for the dna that was supposed to fix omni issuers and provide better updates but they got it half booting(still had a few problems) and the projects hasnt been touched since january

EDIT: actually invisiblek seems to have gotten busy in the last week
he updated our official kernel(its the JB kernel i think but its been updated...)
there alsdo been been updates for the kernel which i have now learned is actually a kernel for all msm8960 devices to make updates easier
it has been updated but not for our device

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawata View Post
actually the last time i built omni i got it all the way until like the very last point of the boot aniumation and then it froze but i also got it to boot only once(could not repolicate but the build date of mine was completely off) i alo go it to freeze during the boot logo and then display (a messed up) power menu. There were no animations and you couldn't select anything but the buttons were there and you could here the kitkat clicking noise

i remember reading the 4.4 update schedule and the dna was listed as "not scheduled" so it could be a while
it was not like other phones that said that they were not even going to update it

i also know that invisiblek started working on a new kernel for the dna that was supposed to fix omni issuers and provide better updates but they got it half booting(still had a few problems) and the projects hasnt been touched since january

EDIT: actually invisiblek seems to have gotten busy in the last week
he updated our official kernel(its the JB kernel i think but its been updated...)
there alsdo been been updates for the kernel which i have now learned is actually a kernel for all msm8960 devices to make updates easier
it has been updated but not for our device
Getting HTC source code for 4.4 for the DNA is not gong to help any ROM that doesn't work now. The only thing it will help are for ROMs that are currently working, it will have better support for HTC specific hardware devices and/or HTC specific bug fixes.

The "new" kernel and the "msm8960" kernel are one in the same. It is the CAF kernel modified to support a set of HTC devices. We would like to be there because it makes updating to newer versions of Android easier (and is much better code). We aren't using it yet because we have some display hardware issues that we haven't been able to work through yet.

Our current kernel is a KK kernel based on the M7 kernel, not a JB kernel. That's why new HTC source code isn't that exciting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zawata
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
Getting HTC source code for 4.4 for the DNA is not gong to help any ROM that doesn't work now. The only thing it will help are for ROMs that are currently working, it will have better support for HTC specific hardware devices and/or HTC specific bug fixes.

The "new" kernel and the "msm8960" kernel are one in the same. It is the CAF kernel modified to support a set of HTC devices. We would like to be there because it makes updating to newer versions of Android easier (and is much better code). We aren't using it yet because we have some display hardware issues that we haven't been able to work through yet.

Our current kernel is a KK kernel based on the M7 kernel, not a JB kernel. That's why new HTC source code isn't that exciting.
yeah i heard all of this information before, im just really bad at summarizing...and remembering