Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will RUU Updatemake my vivo (Incredible S) to factory stock

Tip us?
Thellubian Old
Thanks Meter
Default [Q] Will RUU Updatemake my vivo (Incredible S) to factory stock

I have a HTC Incredible S (VIVO) and I did rooted it and did revolutionary.
In recovery it shows as S-OFF revolutionary. And I have tried flashing various custom ROM's as well.
Now my question is I want to make it stock in every point of view. I have downloaded RUU for ICS from HTC Dev website.
I would like to know that flashing RUU will make it stock? i.e.Locked bootloadre and HTC Recovery, S-OFF, No Root, No Revolutionary etc.
Will it wipe all the sin my device has ever made and will it make it feel fresh like a new born?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMRAAN_47 View Post
I have a HTC Incredible S (VIVO) and I did rooted it and did revolutionary.
In recovery it shows as S-OFF revolutionary. And I have tried flashing various custom ROM's as well.
Now my question is I want to make it stock in every point of view. I have downloaded RUU for ICS from HTC Dev website.
I would like to know that flashing RUU will make it stock? i.e.Locked bootloadre and HTC Recovery, S-OFF, No Root, No Revolutionary etc.
Will it wipe all the sin my device has ever made and will it make it feel fresh like a new born?
Trying to run the stock RUU with Revolutionary S-OFF will not work. You need to remove Revolutionary S-OFF before you can run the RUU.

ROM: [ROM][Oct-07-2012][STOCK][RUU][ICS][Sense 3.6][WWE] 4.14.405.2 (root | busybox) v2.0
Radio: 3831.19.00.19_M
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel R15
Daily Driver:Nokia Lumia 820 - WP8
Thellubian Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
Trying to run the stock RUU with Revolutionary S-OFF will not work. You need to remove Revolutionary S-OFF before you can run the RUU.
Can you please share the link to the thread, I am not able to find it.