Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note II international version slow US internet speed

OP doc2142

16th April 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

70 posts
My wife bought her note II overseas in Saudi Arabia. However, when she uses it here with US network a subset of T-mobile she has very slow speed. Everything loads very slow for her. I tried adding APN settings but still no luck.

Is this a known issue? or anyone has any idea?
17th April 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 807

2,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2142

My wife bought her note II overseas in Saudi Arabia. However, when she uses it here with US network a subset of T-mobile she has very slow speed. Everything loads very slow for her. I tried adding APN settings but still no luck.

Is this a known issue? or anyone has any idea?

Which model is it? If it is running stock touchwiz you can find out in settings -> about device. You can also check the model number under the battery. There are two main international GN2 models (N7100 and N7105) and variants thereof (TMo us is SGH-T889).

Some devices don't have the correct T-mo frequencies enabled (AWS for instance).

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Which model is it? If it is running stock touchwiz you can find out in settings -> about device. You can also check the model number under the battery. There are two main international GN2 models (N7100 and N7105) and variants thereof (TMo us is SGH-T889).

Some devices don't have the correct T-mo frequencies enabled (AWS for instance).

GT-N7100

It is running 4.3.

Any idea how to fix this. If you do please I would be forever grateful.
17th April 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 807

2,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2142

GT-N7100

It is running 4.3.

Any idea how to fix this. If you do please I would be forever grateful.

That device is a non-LTE phone. It will not be able to utilize the LTE network. 3G is as good as you will get. Don't try to flash roms or modems from our forum as they will not work well with her device.

When you are on cellular signal go to the dialer and type in *#0011# and look at the Service Mode display. If it says PCS 1900 you are running on a 2G signal and can expect slow data.

Take a screen shot (horizontal swipe of the edge of your hand across the screen when the correct settings are active) of that and post it if you are uncertain what you're seeing. We can see what is going on from there. You might check the N7100 forum for more and better advice.

3G/H:

2G/EDGE:

Last edited by Coug76; 17th April 2014 at 06:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread