[Help Needed] Flashing Kernel + Baseband on P4VZW Tab

Tip us?

hilga007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default [Help Needed] Flashing Kernel + Baseband on P4VZW Tab

Hi folks. I have a USCellular Tab 10.1 LTE (which identifies itself as a p4vzw and should work fine with VZW ROMs)
  • Per the instructions in this XDA message posting I have installed CM10.1 + GAPPS
  • The message says I need to flash this kernel here. How do I do that? The webpage linked shows the source code, but I'm lost with what to do!
  • I have -no- LTE/CDMA radio and have a message which shows "unknown baseband" - again, supposedly the
  • I originally flashed from the FB01 firmware which is supposedly what I am supposed to use - thus, the Verizon baseband SHOULD allow me to connect.
  • Any thoughts?

I need to:
  • Get help to flash that kernel
  • get help getting the radio working

(My original baseband information was as follows: CDMA i905.03 V.FB04 //////// LTE: SCH-i905.FB01
Phone: Changes as often as I brush my teeth... Do I change phones regularly, or do I only brush my teeth with every new toothbrush renewal at my dentist? Hmmm.

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 802
Not sure about the radio, but you don't have to flash that kernel. It is already packed into the ROM.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

hilga007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Gotchya, Thanks!

I don't know why that was mentioned in the step outlined above.

However, the radio part is the most confusing to me at the moment :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
Not sure about the radio, but you don't have to flash that kernel. It is already packed into the ROM.

Phone: Changes as often as I brush my teeth... Do I change phones regularly, or do I only brush my teeth with every new toothbrush renewal at my dentist? Hmmm.

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 32
As I recall, you first have to be on ICS and it's radios before flashing CM. I would recommend first flashing ICS for VZW then install CM 10.1

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hilga007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
I seem to be having trouble finding a Stock VZW flashable ROM. There is an update.zip which should run in the stock recovery, but I think I will need Odin or a CWM flashable ICS build.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilga007 View Post
I seem to be having trouble finding a Stock VZW flashable ROM. There is an update.zip which should run in the stock recovery, but I think I will need Odin or a CWM flashable ICS build.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
www.sammobile.com

But I'm not sure if they have the stock ROM for p4vzw...

hilga007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
www.sammobile.com

But I'm not sure if they have the stock ROM for p4vzw...

Its been awhile since I've been fiddling with my tab... Didn't find the stock files there.... Any ideas?

hawaiianwarrior808
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilga007 View Post
Its been awhile since I've been fiddling with my tab... Didn't find the stock files there.... Any ideas?
Any fix to this yet? I will never use my tab on a network, just want a better running rom and cant seem to find anything that works. Tried pershoots kernel but it just gets stuck at the samsung screen for more than 45 mins until i just hard reset and nand back to stock. I got this tsb for free, its just very laggy. Thanks for your time guys