[Q] at&t s4 i337 stock rom reduction?

17th April 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
On my I337 (rooted with SAFESTRAP 3.71), my STOCK ROM DATA partition is 9970MB with CACHE PARTITION AT 2046MB. I'm not sure how these were set (loaded a base 4.3 with ODIN), but when trying to load HYPERDRIVE in ROM-SLOT, TWRP shows only 12MB free! Nothing is on my device (like music, big files, etc), because I use the 32G external memory. My question is this (based on all I read), is it possible the STOCK ROM size might be reduced if I do a FACTORY/DATA/CACHE RESET and reinstall my backup from TWRP? Not sure what is consuming space and if you can't repartition it without losing the root...I'm not sure which way to proceed being I got this far. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
PS: the storage indication from within system shows: system 6.26G, used space 1.18G, cache 66MB, misc file 353MB, avail space 8.15G
17th April 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 629

1,257 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbacon

On my I337 (rooted with SAFESTRAP 3.71), my STOCK ROM DATA partition is 9970MB with CACHE PARTITION AT 2046MB. I'm not sure how these were set (loaded a base 4.3 with ODIN), but when trying to load HYPERDRIVE in ROM-SLOT, TWRP shows only 12MB free! Nothing is on my device (like music, big files, etc), because I use the 32G external memory. My question is this (based on all I read), is it possible the STOCK ROM size might be reduced if I do a FACTORY/DATA/CACHE RESET and reinstall my backup from TWRP? Not sure what is consuming space and if you can't repartition it without losing the root...I'm not sure which way to proceed being I got this far. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
PS: the storage indication from within system shows: system 6.26G, used space 1.18G, cache 66MB, misc file 353MB, avail space 8.15G

The stock slot will never be reduced as it's the basic internal storage. Safestrap doesn't partition the internal storage, it makes image files where it holds all the slots on the internal storage. The 12mb thing is a glitch and i don't remember how to fix it if possible.
17th April 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
No space for adding custom ROM (S4, i337)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

The stock slot will never be reduced as it's the basic internal storage. Safestrap doesn't partition the internal storage, it makes image files where it holds all the slots on the internal storage. The 12mb thing is a glitch and i don't remember how to fix it if possible.

Well, you guys would know. If there is a lead or something you can think of regarding the "glitch"...it would be greatly appreciated. Just asking, is it possible the STOCK ROM size/usage might be reduced if I do a FACTORY/DATA/CACHE RESET and reinstall my backup from TWRP? If so, which ones (ie. just Cache, Data, or Dalvik) so that I stay rooted and can restore my backup? Thanks in advanced.
17th April 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 629

1,257 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbacon

Well, you guys would know. If there is a lead or something you can think of regarding the "glitch"...it would be greatly appreciated. Just asking, is it possible the STOCK ROM size/usage might be reduced if I do a FACTORY/DATA/CACHE RESET and reinstall my backup from TWRP? If so, which ones (ie. just Cache, Data, or Dalvik) so that I stay rooted and can restore my backup? Thanks in advanced.

The size of the stock slot doesn't change, and shouldn't. Even if you restore a ROM slot to the stock slot, it will use the full space of the phone.
17th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Only 12mb free for rom-slot1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

The size of the stock slot doesn't change, and shouldn't. Even if you restore a ROM slot to the stock slot, it will use the full space of the phone.

So perhaps I'm not asking the right question??? What would limit the ability to create/activate ROM SLOT1, if what you say (the STOCK SLOT) has no effect on the space available? Could it be a ghost remnant from MF3? Seems the question has been asked with no resolution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread