5,596,568 Members 41,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Go from stock unrooted to 4.4.2 in 10 minutes or less! No PC needed!

Tip us?

numanair
Old
(Last edited by numanair; 6th April 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have gotten to the point where you flash the modem. I have tried with both FL24 and FI27, but I get error status 6 with both. The phone will still boot CM11 correctly. Would I not get any signal if the modem failed to flash? I seem to have a signal. Not so sure about data connection though...

EDIT: I went back to EL29 using Odin oneclick (I think that's it?) and then used the Samsung supplied simple downloader to get to GB27. When I first tried using the downloader the phone was stuck on the 4G splash, even after multiple attempts with the downloader. Odin got around this. I used a different computer than on my first attempt (first PC didn't detect the phone through USB) and put everything on the internal storage. I think there was something wrong with either the first micro SD I was using or how I was writing to it. It looks like it's all working now.

flashv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello all - hope you can help me, I'm totally new to rooting and flashing!

I followed the directions from the beginning, and everything worked except network data (wifi works great, but I have no 3g). I saw this posted earlier, I'm pretty sure that I used the wrong modem when I initially flashed, so I tried flashing the FI27. I got the "error status 6" message, and no install.

Is there any way to correct this other than starting from the beginning? Like I said, totally new at this, and I wasn't sure if I should uninstall something before I flash the modem, did I miss a step, etc.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

flashv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Solved it! Just needed a reflash, guess I'm getting the hang of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashv View Post
Hello all - hope you can help me, I'm totally new to rooting and flashing!

I followed the directions from the beginning, and everything worked except network data (wifi works great, but I have no 3g). I saw this posted earlier, I'm pretty sure that I used the wrong modem when I initially flashed, so I tried flashing the FI27. I got the "error status 6" message, and no install.

Is there any way to correct this other than starting from the beginning? Like I said, totally new at this, and I wasn't sure if I should uninstall something before I flash the modem, did I miss a step, etc.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

gorei23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashv View Post
Solved it! Just needed a reflash, guess I'm getting the hang of it!
Oh, ok but I think the newrst version of this ROM broke mobile data.

mcflyy_
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Do you have to be on GB27 ?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app

gorei23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyy_ View Post
Do you have to be on GB27 ?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app
No, it just seems to work better from GB27/08.
People have said it triggers the Yellow Triangle if flashed from ICS, your experience may be different.
It shouldn't cause any real harm.