5,596,568 Members 41,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Go from stock unrooted to 4.4.2 in 10 minutes or less! No PC needed!

Tip us?
 
numanair
Old
(Last edited by numanair; 6th April 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
I have gotten to the point where you flash the modem. I have tried with both FL24 and FI27, but I get error status 6 with both. The phone will still boot CM11 correctly. Would I not get any signal if the modem failed to flash? I seem to have a signal. Not so sure about data connection though...

EDIT: I went back to EL29 using Odin oneclick (I think that's it?) and then used the Samsung supplied simple downloader to get to GB27. When I first tried using the downloader the phone was stuck on the 4G splash, even after multiple attempts with the downloader. Odin got around this. I used a different computer than on my first attempt (first PC didn't detect the phone through USB) and put everything on the internal storage. I think there was something wrong with either the first micro SD I was using or how I was writing to it. It looks like it's all working now.
 
flashv
Old
#42  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hello all - hope you can help me, I'm totally new to rooting and flashing!

I followed the directions from the beginning, and everything worked except network data (wifi works great, but I have no 3g). I saw this posted earlier, I'm pretty sure that I used the wrong modem when I initially flashed, so I tried flashing the FI27. I got the "error status 6" message, and no install.

Is there any way to correct this other than starting from the beginning? Like I said, totally new at this, and I wasn't sure if I should uninstall something before I flash the modem, did I miss a step, etc.

Thanks so much for your help!!!
 
flashv
Old
#43  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Solved it! Just needed a reflash, guess I'm getting the hang of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashv View Post
Hello all - hope you can help me, I'm totally new to rooting and flashing!

I followed the directions from the beginning, and everything worked except network data (wifi works great, but I have no 3g). I saw this posted earlier, I'm pretty sure that I used the wrong modem when I initially flashed, so I tried flashing the FI27. I got the "error status 6" message, and no install.

Is there any way to correct this other than starting from the beginning? Like I said, totally new at this, and I wasn't sure if I should uninstall something before I flash the modem, did I miss a step, etc.

Thanks so much for your help!!!
 
gorei23
Old
#44  
gorei23's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 36
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Antonio
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashv View Post
Solved it! Just needed a reflash, guess I'm getting the hang of it!
Oh, ok but I think the newrst version of this ROM broke mobile data.
 
mcflyy_
Old
#45  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2013
Do you have to be on GB27 ?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app
 
gorei23
Old
#46  
gorei23's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 36
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Antonio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyy_ View Post
Do you have to be on GB27 ?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app
No, it just seems to work better from GB27/08.
People have said it triggers the Yellow Triangle if flashed from ICS, your experience may be different.
It shouldn't cause any real harm.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes