Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Auto Power on when connected to charger

Tip us?

Zeropoint
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Auto Power on when connected to charger

Subject says it all. Is this possible with the evo 4g lte? I want to use it as a GPS in my car and just have it power on with the car. I've done a lot of searching and it looks like some samsungs can do this but the functionality is in the boot loader or hardware? So my question is can the evo do this out of the box? if no, can it do it with TWRP or CWM? and/or does cyanogenmod add this functionality? thanks a lot.

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 723
Now, when you say "power on," are referring to the screen that is off while the phone is sleeping, or do you mean completely off?

AOSP roms do have the option to turn on the fly screen when you plug it in. Also, as of the new firmware release from HTC that came with Sense 5.0, or phones now turn the screen on when you plug in the charger (at least mine does...I never asked around to confirm this). But in both conditions, the device is powered on, but sleeping.

Zeropoint
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
Now, when you say "power on," are referring to the screen that is off while the phone is sleeping, or do you mean completely off?

AOSP roms do have the option to turn on the fly screen when you plug it in. Also, as of the new firmware release from HTC that came with Sense 5.0, or phones now turn the screen on when you plug in the charger (at least mine does...I never asked around to confirm this). But in both conditions, the device is powered on, but sleeping.
no I'm talking fully powered off. I guess I assumed a screen off sleep wouldn't last for like 3-4 days. Do you think that is possible? airplane mode enabled except wifi(no cell/BT) and screen off sleep. will that last 3 days? so that would be 3 days till power is resumed to charge it to full?

thanks for the feedback.