Post Reply

Only one speaker playing when incoming call!!

16th April 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #41  
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 33
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
I don't know were you live but my ringtone is more then loud enough. Living in Berlin

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #42  
Seifer1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 76
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
I find it funny that the Z2 is getting bashed up here over things which are strangely trivial and which also exist in other phones..

1. Battery performance - It astounds me that a phone that can do 7 hours SOT is getting bashed up for poor battery consumption?!! I confirm that on my Z2, I can do at least 5 hours SOT everyday. I cannot really confirm how much I can really stretch it because I cannot exhaust the battery every day. The most I can get to is 5 hours SOT at the end of the day with about 25% left, and I have to sleep already (I always charge my phone overnight while I sleep). And that is with no stamina mode, LTE always, bluetooth on (and connected to both headset and smartwatch for ~10 hours) and location services always on. I have a friend who owns the HTC M8 and he struggles to get even 4 hours SOT.

2. 2 speakers but only 1 is used for ringtones - For the longest time possible, we have always happily lived with phones that have only 1 speaker. Suddenly, because Z2 gave us 2 speakers, it suddenly becomes an issue that ringtones come through only 1 speaker...a case of too much, too much perhaps?

3. I also read about people who complain about the issues faced by Z1 after the Android 4.4.2 upgrades. These happen all the time. FYI, there were many complains from Note II users after the 4.3 upgrade as well. What is worse is Z1 users can still complain about the 4.4.2 upgrades, Note 2 and 3 users are still sucking thumbs waiting...

The Z2 is a one hella solid phone to get. For ppl who jumped ship because of these, the loss is only yours.

Above are my $0.02. No hard feeling is intended.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seifer1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Just one thing about the above post.

The one m8 is getting great battery life with most SOT of 6 hrs with a few as high as 7 and few 5 hrs. My wife is getting 6 hrs so far since we bought it 3 days ago. It looks like z2 also has very good battery life.

I myself am waiting for the z2 here in US. God knows if it will even make it here.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
17th April 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #44  
MasK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 84
 
1,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer1975

I find it funny that the Z2 is getting bashed up here over things which are strangely trivial and which also exist in other phones..

2. 2 speakers but only 1 is used for ringtones - For the longest time possible, we have always happily lived with phones that have only 1 speaker. Suddenly, because Z2 gave us 2 speakers, it suddenly becomes an issue that ringtones come through only 1 speaker...a case of too much, too much perhaps?


Well, for myself, I did mention that ringtone from 1 speaker is good enough for me (I tend to use high-pitched tones).
Now I also do agree that although it has 2 speakers, they are pretty weak. I would rather have that single Galaxy S4 speaker anytime over this weaker stereo ones in Z2.

Now.. I'm not sure if the OP was talking about ringtones or speakerphone. But like I mention in my previous post, the speakerphone uses only 1 speaker. That's really weak and it's difficult to listen to the other party, esp over diff ambient noise. There is no safety issue on firing up 2 speakers.. so why don't they just do that?
17th April 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK

Well, for myself, I did mention that ringtone from 1 speaker is good enough for me (I tend to use high-pitched tones).
Now I also do agree that although it has 2 speakers, they are pretty weak. I would rather have that single Galaxy S4 speaker anytime over this weaker stereo ones in Z2.

Now.. I'm not sure if the OP was talking about ringtones or speakerphone. But like I mention in my previous post, the speakerphone uses only 1 speaker. That's really weak and it's difficult to listen to the other party, esp over diff ambient noise. There is no safety issue on firing up 2 speakers.. so why don't they just do that?

I beg to differ. I'd had an HTC One M7 for about a year and I was very pleased with its dual front speakers. However, when I cut over to the Z2, I found the speakers to be just as good and loud. Ringtone wise, I use the same one I used for the HTC One, though it's a bit softer with one speaker when comparing to the HTC One, it's plenty loud for all practical purposes. Z2 has been every bit of an upgrade in all departments for me especially the camera not to mention the look and the built quality!
17th April 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #46  
MasK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 84
 
1,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlam

I beg to differ. I'd had an HTC One M7 for about a year and I was very pleased with its dual front speakers. However, when I cut over to the Z2, I found the speakers to be just as good and loud. Ringtone wise, I use the same one I used for the HTC One, though it's a bit softer with one speaker when comparing to the HTC One, it's plenty loud for all practical purposes. Z2 has been every bit of an upgrade in all departments for me especially the camera not to mention the look and the built quality!

So, have you used the speakerphone.. talking to someone over the speakers yet? Tell me how you think of it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank