Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

Tip us?

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
any FTF will do, but if you really want want 'stock' then flash the kernel from a c6802 .757 FTF
@abuihsan Do you still have write for root, or just read access?
Hi, I am on 757 rooted with Jackie's method, I am not going to install custom ROM, therefor I don't need recovery, my bootloader is unlocked and I have TA backup file. How did you extract the kernel out from the c6802 757 ftf? thank you!

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1085

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmingli View Post
Hi, I am on 757 rooted with Jackie's method, I am not going to install custom ROM, therefor I don't need recovery, my bootloader is unlocked and I have TA backup file. How did you extract the kernel out from the c6802 757 ftf? thank you!
On Stock 4.4.2 there is no pressing need to have a locked bootloader, and recovery is ALWAYS good to have.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
On Stock 4.4.2 there is no pressing need to have a locked bootloader, and recovery is ALWAYS good to have.
sure, at first, I thought I will lose X Reality and Track ID, now after I played it around for while, the Track ID works, I think the X reality also works,
I may just leave the way it is then, this thing is taking too much of my time away, I will flash the dual recovery 757 kernel when it becomes available,
thanks mate.

Coolpsi
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
How about if I restore my TA file, also relock the bootloader , then go directly into flashmode, flash the stock firmware, reboot.
Will that work? It save the trouble for downgrade. Thanks
LordManhattan confirmed my suspicions, if you want your phone to be as stock again, you only have to flash the .757 firmware (without flashing additional kernel) and then restore the TA partition wich will probably also relock your bootloader, if not, you will have to do it manually, for example, with the flashtool.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[QUOTE=coolmingli;51943372]sure, at first, I thought I will lose X Reality and Track ID, now after I played it around for while, the Track ID works, I think the X reality also works,
I may just leave the way it is then, this thing is taking too much of my time away, I will flash the dual recovery 757 kernel when it becomes available,
thanks mate.[/QUOTE

Am I missing something here, or the dual recovery .757 kernel is already available!?!

abuihsan
Old
(Last edited by abuihsan; 16th April 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Hi, this is exactly what I want to do, would you please tell me where you get the stock 6802 kernel? what firmware version is it from? Thanks
Quote:
any FTF will do, but if you really want want 'stock' then flash the kernel from a c6802 .757 FTF
@abuihsan Do you still have write for root, or just read access?
As for kernel I used 6802 FTF with flashtool (WIPE: unchecked all. EXCLUDE: checked all but LEAVE the kernel UNCHECKED). But that was on .681 and yes not partial root. It was full root.
I tried those method on .757 and only got partial root.
So maybe you want to try THIS METHOD. Please read carefully. It works for me but not for someone who also tried.

On both method I used Indonesian c6802 FTF. And the 757.img is from jackie's too (from related thread).

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuihsan View Post
As for kernel I used 6802 FTF with flashtool (WIPE: unchecked all. EXCLUDE: checked all but LEAVE the kernel UNCHECKED). But that was on .681 and yes not partial root. It was full root.
I tried those method on .757 and only got partial root.
So maybe you want to try THIS METHOD. Please read carefully. It works for me but not for someone who also tried.

On both method I used Indonesian c6802 FTF. And the 757.img is from jackie's too (from related thread).
I dont kknow you can do that, this is smart, exclude everything except the kernel, but I am not sure if it will work, can someone confirm?

abuihsan
Old
(Last edited by abuihsan; 17th April 2014 at 05:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
I dont kknow you can do that, this is smart, exclude everything except the kernel, but I am not sure if it will work, can someone confirm?
Please be carefull. Flash exclude everything except the kernel was the last step to get stock kernel back (because after 'fastboot flash boot .img' it will make the phone run with custom kernel) so the phone will boot after restoring TA.

EDIT:
@coolmingli, please make sure to read a warning below this post.
Thanks @blueether.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1085

DONATE TO ME
be carefull just flashing kernel with flashtool, that is what created several hundred z1 and a few ZU bricks.

Unless you know what you are doing always flash... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764
Quote:
So always be sure, when flashing parts of a 290 or 136 ftf, you flash, at the very least:
KERNEL, ELABEL, BOOTBUNDLE, AND BASEBAND so that there is no risk of a mismatch.
Let's refer to it as the KEBB group. Easy to remember :P
Make sure that these all match first before flashing just a kernel. If you started with a full flash of the 757 FTF you will be ok
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hi, I know this kernel has dual recovery, but every time I boot in into recovery mode it is the TWRP, can someone enlighten me how do I switch to CWM? Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote:
be carefull just flashing kernel with flashtool, that is what created several hundred z1 and a few ZU bricks.

Unless you know what you are doing always flash... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764

Make sure that these all match first before flashing just a kernel. If you started with a full flash of the 757 FTF you will be ok
I am learning how to extract kernel from ftf now, it is doable for me I think, I will extract the kernel from the same ftf that I flashed to my phone.

Thanks you all.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1085

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi, I know this kernel has dual recovery, but every time I boot in into recovery mode it is the TWRP, can someone enlighten me how do I switch to CWM? Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I am learning how to extract kernel from ftf now, it is doable for me I think, I will extract the kernel from the same ftf that I flashed to my phone.

Thanks you all.
If you already have the FTF installed/flashed there isn't a problem.

Also you dont have to extract the kernel from the ftf to just flash that, just use flashtool, select the FTF, make sure no wipes are selected [top box] and then exclude everything except what you want to flash - so in this case just have the kernel un-ticked
Charles