5,597,007 Members 48,233 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Canada][Bell/Telus/Rogers/etc] i747m Android 4.3 Jelly Bean available + root method

Tip us?

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by R5R View Post
Can we odin back to unrooted stock after this? I'm worried about bricking my phone because of the whole knox bootloader thingy.

Thanks
On an I747M (Canadian or Mexican (not AT&T)) you can flash back to uprooted stock 4.3 via Odin you can download firmware from www.sammobile.com.

GOOD LUCK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to theramsey3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozAztek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This image doesn't have Knox in it. It was removed by the amazing dev that made it. You don't have to worry about Knox on this particular image. The last one I used did have Knox but I tested this one and its much better. No Knox what so ever. Just make sure you do have a back up copy of stock ROM just in case
The Following User Says Thank You to ozAztek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theramsey3
Old
(Last edited by theramsey3; 25th February 2014 at 06:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozAztek View Post
This image doesn't have Knox in it. It was removed by the amazing dev that made it. You don't have to worry about Knox on this particular image. The last one I used did have Knox but I tested this one and its much better. No Knox what so ever. Just make sure you do have a back up copy of stock ROM just in case
Pretty sure unless someone worked some voodoo. Voodoo that no one has been able to do. Knox is still in the bootloader...

The knox I speak of will prevent you from flashing older bootloaders.

The knox you speak of has only been disabled in the rom not in the bootloader.

If someone has managed to remove knox from the bootloader please link me to the thread where that has occurred. I need to donate them some money for their hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to theramsey3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozAztek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3 View Post
Pretty sure unless someone worked some voodoo. Voodoo that no one has been able to do. Knox is still in the bootloader...

The knox I speak of will prevent you from flashing older bootloaders.

The knox you speak of has only been disabled in the rom not in the bootloader.

If someone has managed to remove knox from the bootloader please link me to the thread where that has occurred. I need to donate them some money for their hard work.

My apologies, Knox counter is still there, but knox will not prevent custom roms from being flashed and will not prevent supersu access either.
thanks for catching that. Here is the original post that I found the rom through.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426
The Following User Says Thank You to ozAztek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R5R
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks guys, I was able to flash back to stock, though it tripped the warranty bit to 1 for knox but wtv I really don't like how samsung is locking the phone down so much with this knox crap, it should in a separate rom for corporations that can be flashed by admins on employee phones..

deltahalo27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Loop Reboot in TWRP

Hey everyone, I have the i747m and couldn't install CWM or CF, but twrp worked. Now, after removing the KNOX script and the superuser zip file I got a play store app crash. Rebooted to see if it would help and it went straight into twrp... and that's all my phones doing. Is there anyway to call the system back up somehow?

gu1dry
Old
Thanks Meter 668

DONATE TO ME
Can someone please post the stock, untouched build.prop from I747MVLUEMK5 ? Thanks.

hukhuksupra
Old
(Last edited by hukhuksupra; Yesterday at 08:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, im having an issue. Here is the situation. My wife and I had our first son. Some of his pictures are/were on her I747M and are now gone and lost. She has the I747MVLUEMK5.

I am trying to use Dr. Fone to retrieve them. I have never rooted my phone but I believe you need to in order to use Dr. Fone. So I followed a video and rooted the phone or so I believe. My USB debugging is on.

My superSU keeps saying "Unfortunately SuperSu has stopped and I get a security notice saying unauthorized access to a secure area...has been blocked. If I cant root the phone, I cant use SuperSU and use the USB Mass Storage to connect. So im screwed right from the start cause the phone wont let SuperSU function.

Can anyone guide me through this. I just want to get back those memories back. Please help.