Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning back to STOCK !

Tip us?

Hiken_Ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Returning back to STOCK !

Hey guys , I remember seeing a guide on how to return to stock after flashing maximus hd .. but I can't seem to find it anymore .. I just want to save it for the future incase I want to sell phone or something .. you know inorder to return the phone to it's factory state .. can anybody please link ?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
- Device : HTC One S
- S-Off Method : Rumrunner
- ROM : Maximus HD 10.0.1

RhymeP
Old
(Last edited by RhymeP; 16th April 2014 at 10:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Go back to your proper CID eg. HTC__001. then via fastboot install RUU, like this one.
It should automatically downgrade your hboot back to 2.15. Reboot your device and upgrade via OTA to 4.1.1. Remember that you will loose all data in the process.

Hiken_Ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymeP View Post
Go back to your proper CID eg. HTC__001. then via fastboot install RUU, like this one.
It should automatically downgrade your hboot back to 2.15. Reboot your device and upgrade via OTA to 4.1.1. Remember that you will loose all data in the process.
But my hboot was always 2.15 .. so I just have to install the ruu in fadtboot a d that's it ? Should I relock boatloader or something ?

RhymeP
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiken_Ace View Post
But my hboot was always 2.15 .. so I just have to install the ruu in fadtboot a d that's it ? Should I relock boatloader or something ?

To relock just type in fastboot fastboot oem lock. Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead. After that install proper RUU based on CID you've changed.
HBOOT: 2.16 | S-OFF & SuperCID | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.2 | Radio: 1.20 | ROM: Liberty MAX | Kernel: Liberty V11
_________

Ericsson R320s --> LG U8180 --> Nokia N73 --> Nokia 5320 --> Samsung GT-i5700 --> HTC Desire --> HTC ONE S (S4)

Hiken_Ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
To relock just type in fastboot fastboot oem lock. Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead. After that install proper RUU based on CID you've changed.
I know how to relock , I just don't know when ... Should I do that after the install ? Or before it ?? I think before right ?

RhymeP
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Affirmative.
HBOOT: 2.16 | S-OFF & SuperCID | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.2 | Radio: 1.20 | ROM: Liberty MAX | Kernel: Liberty V11
_________

Ericsson R320s --> LG U8180 --> Nokia N73 --> Nokia 5320 --> Samsung GT-i5700 --> HTC Desire --> HTC ONE S (S4)
The Following User Says Thank You to RhymeP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laszlobb
Old
(Last edited by laszlobb; 16th April 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead.
This is not true. You can reset your bootloader status according to this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2155955

Edit: OP, there is a comprehensive guide on returning to 100% stock state here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158514

RhymeP
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Never heard of this method, thanks laszlobb for useful links and sorry for confusion, if there was any. ;/
Mine post, well was lack of fundamental information.
_________