How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Returning back to STOCK !

OP Hiken_Ace

16th April 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 11

142 posts
More
Hey guys , I remember seeing a guide on how to return to stock after flashing maximus hd .. but I can't seem to find it anymore .. I just want to save it for the future incase I want to sell phone or something .. you know inorder to return the phone to it's factory state .. can anybody please link ?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
16th April 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
More
Go back to your proper CID eg. HTC__001. then via fastboot install RUU, like this one.
It should automatically downgrade your hboot back to 2.15. Reboot your device and upgrade via OTA to 4.1.1. Remember that you will loose all data in the process.
Last edited by RhymeP; 16th April 2014 at 10:08 AM.
16th April 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymeP

Go back to your proper CID eg. HTC__001. then via fastboot install RUU, like this one.
It should automatically downgrade your hboot back to 2.15. Reboot your device and upgrade via OTA to 4.1.1. Remember that you will loose all data in the process.

But my hboot was always 2.15 .. so I just have to install the ruu in fadtboot a d that's it ? Should I relock boatloader or something ?

16th April 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Warsaw

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiken_Ace

But my hboot was always 2.15 .. so I just have to install the ruu in fadtboot a d that's it ? Should I relock boatloader or something ?

To relock just type in fastboot fastboot oem lock. Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead. After that install proper RUU based on CID you've changed.
16th April 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

142 posts
More
Quote:

To relock just type in fastboot fastboot oem lock. Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead. After that install proper RUU based on CID you've changed.

I know how to relock , I just don't know when ... Should I do that after the install ? Or before it ?? I think before right ?

16th April 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag Warsaw

23 posts
More
Affirmative.
The Following User Says Thank You to RhymeP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #7  
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 12

6 posts
More
Quote:

Remember that you can't, after ulocking simply restore the original "Locked" in any of ways. There will be "Relocked" state instead.

This is not true. You can reset your bootloader status according to this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2155955

Edit: OP, there is a comprehensive guide on returning to 100% stock state here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158514
Last edited by laszlobb; 16th April 2014 at 08:07 PM.
17th April 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag Warsaw

23 posts
More
Never heard of this method, thanks laszlobb for useful links and sorry for confusion, if there was any. ;/
Mine post, well was lack of fundamental information.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread