Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft brick, possibly hard brick.

Tip us?

NorwegianLabel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft brick, possibly hard brick.

Hello. I tried to sideload a ROM on my HTC ONE. Now the phone wont boot, and I can't get into recovery. According to ADB my phone registers as being in recovery, so I don't think it's hard bricked. This is the first HTC phone I have, so I'm not sure what to do. What should I do?

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 471
What recovery and version are you using? And are you booting into recovery using the power+volume keys, or by some other procedure?
If I helped, click Thanks!

NorwegianLabel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
What recovery and version are you using? And are you booting into recovery using the power+volume keys, or by some other procedure?
I can't get into recovery, no matter what I do. Trying to use a RUU file, but I get an USB 170 error. I have tried googling how to fix it, but can't find anything. I use TWRP. All I get on my phone is a black screen.

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianLabel View Post
I can't get into recovery, no matter what I do. Trying to use a RUU file, but I get an USB 170 error. I have tried googling how to fix it, but can't find anything. I use TWRP. All I get on my phone is a black screen.
You need TWRP 2.6.3.3. try fastboot erase cache. Also post a fastboot getvar all minus imei no and serial number. .plus post a link to the rom and the RUU you were trying

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app