facebook app problem

Search This thread

skuzzb

Jan 25, 2014
Wanganui
Recently my Facebook app stopped working on my surface rt,when I open it it says "no content", have tried refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck,i can connect to Facebook normally through browser,im running windows rt 8.1,can you help? Thanks

32BitWhore

Aug 31, 2011
Recently my Facebook app stopped working on my surface rt,when I open it it says "no content", have tried refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck,i can connect to Facebook normally through browser,im running windows rt 8.1,can you help? Thanks

Same problem here, just got my Surface and Facebook is not working for me. I don't have a solution, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

willisjm193

Apr 26, 2011
Newport, NC

I know it sounds strange, but its because the date and time aren't set correctly. Even if it's one minute off it'll cause issues. It's something to do with security; firewall will block some internet programs.

I set it to match internet time, then set it to auto update and it's been fine ever since.

skuzzb

Jan 25, 2014
Wanganui
facebook app

are you talking about tablet time??i will check mine,also where do you set auto update??
thanks

I know it sounds strange, but its because the date and time aren't set correctly. Even if it's one minute off it'll cause issues. It's something to do with security; firewall will block some internet programs.

I set it to match internet time, then set it to auto update and it's been fine ever since.

KurtXBlast

May 15, 2014
time auto-update settings

are you talking about tablet time??i will check mine,also where do you set auto update??
thanks

if you want to change the settings of time's auto updating, go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Date and time>Internet Time (tab)> Change Settings there.. You must have checked the "Sychronise with an Internet time server" and the server must be "time.windows.com", then click "Update Now "and "Ok".

This will set your time auto update.

skuzzb

Jan 25, 2014
Wanganui
thanks for that,i did all that facebook app still no good,no content or news feed,just a blank page although i am logged in,never mind i can still access facebook through my browser,once again thanks

if you want to change the settings of time's auto updating, go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Date and time>Internet Time (tab)> Change Settings there.. You must have checked the "Sychronise with an Internet time server" and the server must be "time.windows.com", then click "Update Now "and "Ok".

This will set your time auto update.