Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot install KITKAT via pc

Tip us?

JayGB2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Cannot install KITKAT via pc

So I got a notification saying a new rom is out and i tried to update but said I needed kb2917929 so i download it and it says not compatible with operating system... Im on win8.1 update 1 64 bit and yes I got the kba for 64 bit but nothing??

wtf is going on here?

While Im at it how do I root / unlock bootloader for custom roms in future reference I thought they disabled camera?

sorry for the noob questions i have literally no idea what to do with this damn thing

B1nny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGB2011 View Post
So I got a notification saying a new rom is out and i tried to update but said I needed kb2917929 so i download it and it says not compatible with operating system... Im on win8.1 update 1 64 bit and yes I got the kba for 64 bit but nothing??

wtf is going on here?

While Im at it how do I root / unlock bootloader for custom roms in future reference I thought they disabled camera?

sorry for the noob questions i have literally no idea what to do with this damn thing
I would personally recommend you to flash the KitKat update via Flashtool. (remember to uncheck the wipe data option)

Other than that, the camera issue with unlocking the bootloader has been fixed. You can follow the following guide to downgrade, backup your TA partition and unlock your bootloader:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439328
After that you can run any custom ROM made for the Xperia Z1.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire