[Q] Cannot install KITKAT via pc

OP JayGB2011

17th April 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

98 posts
So I got a notification saying a new rom is out and i tried to update but said I needed kb2917929 so i download it and it says not compatible with operating system... Im on win8.1 update 1 64 bit and yes I got the kba for 64 bit but nothing??

wtf is going on here?

While Im at it how do I root / unlock bootloader for custom roms in future reference I thought they disabled camera?

sorry for the noob questions i have literally no idea what to do with this damn thing
17th April 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 598

1,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGB2011

So I got a notification saying a new rom is out and i tried to update but said I needed kb2917929 so i download it and it says not compatible with operating system... Im on win8.1 update 1 64 bit and yes I got the kba for 64 bit but nothing??

wtf is going on here?

While Im at it how do I root / unlock bootloader for custom roms in future reference I thought they disabled camera?

sorry for the noob questions i have literally no idea what to do with this damn thing

I would personally recommend you to flash the KitKat update via Flashtool. (remember to uncheck the wipe data option)

Other than that, the camera issue with unlocking the bootloader has been fixed. You can follow the following guide to downgrade, backup your TA partition and unlock your bootloader:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439328
After that you can run any custom ROM made for the Xperia Z1.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread