FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Is there anyway to remove the NFC icon from the note. bar on an unrooted device?

23rd March 2014, 10:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Is there anyway to remove the NFC icon from the notifications bar on an unrooted device? It seems completely pointless to me
 
 
23rd March 2014, 10:09 PM |#2  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,505
 
More
Anything that involves modifying the system requires a rooted device.
23rd March 2014, 10:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Anything that involves modifying the system requires a rooted device.

Follow-up question - think there'll be an easy way to root the compact any time soon? ie via an app/usb automatic process (well the only part I want to avoid to erasing/restoring my phone tbh)
23rd March 2014, 11:08 PM |#4  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,505
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight

Follow-up question - think there'll be an easy way to root the compact any time soon? ie via an app/usb automatic process (well the only part I want to avoid to erasing/restoring my phone tbh)

It's anyone's guess tbh, which is why it's best to unlock your BL if you can then it is simple as you just need to flash a zip.
23rd March 2014, 11:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

It's anyone's guess tbh, which is why it's best to unlock your BL if you can then it is simple as you just need to flash a zip.

Need to wipe the phone for that though !
24th March 2014, 05:16 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
NFC icon is no longer present in KitKat - so upgrade to solve your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghtop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 06:01 PM |#7  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop

NFC icon is no longer present in KitKat - so upgrade to solve your problem.

Because is just disabled. BTW I like when NFC is on to have the icon up, so I just edited via build.prop the line ro.nfc.icon.enable=false to ro.nfc.icon.enable=true

..and this is not possible on not Rooted devices.
17th April 2014, 09:19 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Because is just disabled. BTW I like when NFC is on to have the icon up, so I just edited via build.prop the line ro.nfc.icon.enable=false to ro.nfc.icon.enable=true

..and this is not possible on not Rooted devices.

Finally got the update and the NFC icon's still there
17th April 2014, 11:40 AM |#9  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight

Finally got the update and the NFC icon's still there

You have to be Rooted to get rid of it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes