The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Lg g2 D800(at&t) doesn't update to kitkat help please

OP abakarxda

10th March 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag san francisco
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
More
Hello guys I need some help. I have Lg g2 D800(at&t) unlocked but Im on T-mobile network. I heard that at&t already launch update for kitkat on g2 D800 but i don't get any update on my phone. Everytime i check for update it says my phone its not register Help please?

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

31st March 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Unhappy
Any news? Did you fix it? Cause I have same problem with my att g2. I unlocked it and took to Europe.
5th April 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

524 posts
More
I'm pretty sure because you're on tmobile you're not going to get an update that is pushed by AT&T lol

Sent from my AT&T LG G2 using Tapatalk
5th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag san francisco

69 posts
More
Yes I fixed

7th April 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abakarxda

Yes I fixed

How did u do it? i checked the thread which says get the new sim card from att. but in my country we don;t have att...what should i do
14th April 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Michigan

13 posts
More
I had the same issue
I had my D800 unlocked on the AIO network (an AT&T subsidiary) and it would not connect to the AT&T download servers. I tried removing the sim card and using WiFi only with no success. I had to flash KitKat manually using the LG tool found on Bigfau's post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2662445

Good luck, and you will loose everything using this method.
15th April 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #7  
Flag 48122
Thanks Meter: 92

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbow1

I had my D800 unlocked on the AIO network (an AT&T subsidiary) and it would not connect to the AT&T download servers. I tried removing the sim card and using WiFi only with no success. I had to flash KitKat manually using the LG tool found on Bigfau's post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2662445

Good luck, and you will loose everything using this method.

I have a unlocked D800 and have no problems at all with AIO wireless love it so far

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag san francisco

69 posts
More
well I live in U.S so I went and borrowed At&T sim card and I updated my phone.

17th April 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dallas

6 posts
I'm afraid you will have to root and install a custom recovery and ROM in order to get kitkat on the d800 with a non-AT&T service provider. There is plenty of info out there on how to do this but for the d800, you must downgrade your firmware to d80010d in order to root and install a custom recovery. The LG Flash Tool is what you'll need to downgrade. It's really easy to use. I aslo recommend using ioroot25 (sorry no links. I'm on mobile) to root your device and it also has all of your adb interface tools that will be used for installing your custom recovery. Again, sorry for not posting links but it should be fairly easy to find now that you know what to look for.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Almost forgot. Get into you file explorer (I use ES File Explorer) and find your service provider data and back it up. It will be a hidden file so you'll need to enable that option. Its location will be /sdcard/.data/.data -- these are your service settings so that if your service provider settings are lost in this process, you can easily restore it once it has been unlocked again. All you would do is replace the file and reboot. Again, plenty of info out there on this. Hope the vague info doesn't put you off of trying this. I'll try and get some links in here later today when I am able.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread