Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg g2 D800(at&t) doesn't update to kitkat help please

Tip us?

abakarxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Lg g2 D800(at&t) doesn't update to kitkat help please

Hello guys I need some help. I have Lg g2 D800(at&t) unlocked but Im on T-mobile network. I heard that at&t already launch update for kitkat on g2 D800 but i don't get any update on my phone. Everytime i check for update it says my phone its not register Help please?

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

borcuxa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any news? Did you fix it? Cause I have same problem with my att g2. I unlocked it and took to Europe.

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I'm pretty sure because you're on tmobile you're not going to get an update that is pushed by AT&T lol

Sent from my AT&T LG G2 using Tapatalk
AT&T LG G2 - CM11

Once you go LTE, you never go back.

abakarxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yes I fixed

borcuxa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abakarxda View Post
Yes I fixed

How did u do it? i checked the thread which says get the new sim card from att. but in my country we don;t have att...what should i do

kbow1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default I had the same issue

I had my D800 unlocked on the AIO network (an AT&T subsidiary) and it would not connect to the AT&T download servers. I tried removing the sim card and using WiFi only with no success. I had to flash KitKat manually using the LG tool found on Bigfau's post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2662445

Good luck, and you will loose everything using this method.

nelsonator1982
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbow1 View Post
I had my D800 unlocked on the AIO network (an AT&T subsidiary) and it would not connect to the AT&T download servers. I tried removing the sim card and using WiFi only with no success. I had to flash KitKat manually using the LG tool found on Bigfau's post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2662445

Good luck, and you will loose everything using this method.
I have a unlocked D800 and have no problems at all with AIO wireless love it so far

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
LG G2 (att)
Galaxy Note 3 (spr)
HTC One Max (spr)
NEXUS 5
HTC One (tmo)
LG Optimus G Pro (att)
Nexus 4
Galaxy Note (att)
HTC Sensation
Galaxy S 2 (tmo)
LG G2X
HTC Mytouch 4G
Motorola Triumph
Galaxy s 4g (tmo)
Galaxy s 4g (sprint)
G2
Galaxy Vibrant

abakarxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
well I live in U.S so I went and borrowed At&T sim card and I updated my phone.

1nsomn1ac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm afraid you will have to root and install a custom recovery and ROM in order to get kitkat on the d800 with a non-AT&T service provider. There is plenty of info out there on how to do this but for the d800, you must downgrade your firmware to d80010d in order to root and install a custom recovery. The LG Flash Tool is what you'll need to downgrade. It's really easy to use. I aslo recommend using ioroot25 (sorry no links. I'm on mobile) to root your device and it also has all of your adb interface tools that will be used for installing your custom recovery. Again, sorry for not posting links but it should be fairly easy to find now that you know what to look for.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Almost forgot. Get into you file explorer (I use ES File Explorer) and find your service provider data and back it up. It will be a hidden file so you'll need to enable that option. Its location will be /sdcard/.data/.data -- these are your service settings so that if your service provider settings are lost in this process, you can easily restore it once it has been unlocked again. All you would do is replace the file and reboot. Again, plenty of info out there on this. Hope the vague info doesn't put you off of trying this. I'll try and get some links in here later today when I am able.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app