[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][KTU84Q][4.4.4][2014-10-23] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

Search This thread

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
24th February version - still OK, no major changes, some improvements to the camera, apparently, although the grid option still missing, good battery life. Still waiting for blacklist...

Sound on A2DP interrupts occasionally. An issue with the kernel? It gets worse when music mixes with voice navigation of Copilot (A2DP hangs until Bluetooth of the car is restarted). It stops hanging, just cuts phrases if Copilot is set to only warn about speed traps, but not navigate. I'm suspecting an overly aggressive and slow power management.

Phone plus music on A2DP are OK.

Last edited:

Kun2210

Dec 9, 2011
Poland, Cracov
Hmm, there's a new option in RC to control LED notification during charging - does it work for you guys? Since it does not work for me :S

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
No, it doesn't work for me.

It is not a good idea anyway to reassign the crucial functions of the communication interface.

In this ROM I miss the feature of having a battery bar with charging animation at the top of the screen. It would be also good to let it change colour depending upon whether it is fast or slow charging.

Kun2210

Dec 9, 2011
Poland, Cracov
No, it doesn't work for me.

It is not a good idea anyway to reassign the crucial functions of the communication interface.

I actually lack the LED notification - being on stock I was able to tell when I may plug out the charger without looking at the screen. I was hoping that ability to disable such notification, implicitly means that starting from this build LED will be indicating charging by default.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Why would you want to unplug it, unless you need to use the device away from the charger; and wouldn't you unplug it anyway if you needed? My point is that sitting and waiting for the battery to complete the charging cycle is the business of the past, when the battery life was poor.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
The same here.

The sound on Bluetooth still interrupts occasionally (power management issue?) and the memory bar in Recents occasionally stays grey. Nothing serious.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Version 18/03/2014 is OK, no major changes visible, but I know that there are a few.

3/4/2014 still OK, had no chance to verify the modifications yet... There's still no black list, battery bar or black widgets for the basic functions. The system is quite usable for everyday work. No crashes, random reboots or other stability issues. Thanks and well done!

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
No, not quite OK... The camera is playing up, freezes on focussing occasionally...

arizmin

Jun 7, 2007
I appreciate if the dev can list specifically what changes are for this version?
For me looking at the github list gives me almost no meaning... sorry as i'm not a programmer..

amunarjoh

Nov 5, 2011
Hundvåg
Moto G 5G
Hi
I have installed the aokp rom. Full clean. All seemed perfect till I received a call. I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. No sound at all.
I've been searching around, but unable to find a solution to the problem.

Any suggestions?

±++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a restore of dn3, and then restore back to aokp it appears to have solved itself. Or there is a little chance that I had overlooked something. Any ways, now it work flawlessly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I've seen such a problem long ago and with a different ROM. Do you have dial pad sounds disabled? Enable them again.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Camera still hangs under extensive use and in landscape. This is seemingly related to focussing. The gallery crashed a few times while trying to save a picture after editing. One it produced a broken image file. The HDR camera app hangs regularly when taking the second or third shots for further processing while autofocus is disabled...

I'm thinking now these stability issues may be caused by file access rather than autofocus.

These are old problems, which are still present in the latest ROM/gapps.

No problems with the navigator, Firefox, exchange email, calendar, etc.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
OK... Upon further experimentation the camera became more stable upon setting it up to use the external SD card for storage. Yet to try it in the field...

Does anyone have photosphere or Focal sphere running under this ROM? Focal takes spherical pictures, but I can't view them in the standard gallery.

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
I experimented with CyanogenMod 11 and got the same results, even there the Camera crashes while focusing.

OK... Upon further experimentation the camera became more stable upon setting it up to use the external SD card for storage. Yet to try it in the field...

Does anyone have photosphere or Focal sphere running under this ROM? Focal takes spherical pictures, but I can't view them in the standard gallery.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
In my case, the camera was freezing even without focussing, e.g. in fixed focus mode. Just keep pressing the trigger and it would crash after 10 or so shots. Fast or slow pressing, doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

As always flash the ROM first, then gapps and don't forget to do a factory reset.
    No Guarantees but for me it works like a charm, see screenshots below.

Built using official AOKP sources

For recent changes visit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Download

Google Apps
    Hey,

first let me say thanks for your interest and yeah, I've tried nearly all of them but on AOKP I haven't noticed the issue with the camera so far and I've been using it for about a week now.
    On a previous build the UI crashed after a while but that hasn't happened after the build on the 1st anymore, interactions are very fluent and there is no noticable lag. As to how bluetooth in a car works I can't say much, for music I myself use an Anker bluetooth 4.0 headset and that works fine. Hope that info helped.
    With an app like Root Explorer you could edit
    Code:
    /system/build.prop
    and change
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=210
    to 320 again
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your builds. Unfortunately I am way too busy to maintain builds on xda, I'm glad someone with a passion for building roms took over the AOKP business. Good luck!

:good:
    Hi mate,
    why?
    there are no great updates in AOKP at moment. Only one nightly from 08/02 but all what is important is Rom included
    many regards

sent with my phone/sorry for my bad english

It's been a busy week at work and I had to replace my harddisk but they made some further changes to the Camera today and some minor changes, I'll compile an update later.