Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] How to switch from Philz Recovery to Chenglu's CWM

Tip us?
 
breaker12
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2012
Default [Help] How to switch from Philz Recovery to Chenglu's CWM

I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom).
Please help me on how to change my recovery as I can't use Philz to root my phone, I tried to install zip of SuperSU but doesn't get installed so I want to try it with Chenglu's CWM. Please give me the steps on how to change my recovery. Thanks!
 
Joku1981
Old
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom).
Please help me on how to change my recovery as I can't use Philz to root my phone, I tried to install zip of SuperSU but doesn't get installed so I want to try it with Chenglu's CWM. Please give me the steps on how to change my recovery. Thanks!
Take a look this GUIDE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
breaker12
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Take a look this GUIDE
That's the guide that I followed but unfortunately, it didn't work for me. What I want is to change Philz to Chenglu's CWM
 
breaker12
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2012
Please help me onhowto switchf rom Philz to chenglu and the steps. Thank you
 
11calcal
Old
#5  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 983
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
Please help me onhowto switchf rom Philz to chenglu and the steps. Thank you
Follow this GUIDE , second post has chenglu cwm tar
A thank you takes nothing at all yet can mean so much
The Following User Says Thank You to 11calcal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
breaker12
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11calcal View Post
Follow this GUIDE , second post has chenglu cwm tar
Thanks sir, but do I have to wipe anything or uninstall Philz recovery? Or shall I just go to download mode again, flash CWM by Chenglu and it will automatically replace Philz recovery? Won't there be any problems in recovery or booting after that if I have two recoveries installed? Or Philz recovery should have been removed automatically as I install Chenglu's CWM? Thanks!
 
11calcal
Old
#7  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 983
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
Thanks sir, but do I have to wipe anything or uninstall Philz recovery? Or shall I just go to download mode again, flash CWM by Chenglu and it will automatically replace Philz recovery? Won't there be any problems in recovery or booting after that if I have two recoveries installed? Or Philz recovery should have been removed automatically as I install Chenglu's CWM? Thanks!
Just go into download & flash tar file it'll automatically replace philz recovery & you will just have chenglu on phone as recovery?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You could also try looking at THIS ?
A thank you takes nothing at all yet can mean so much
The Following User Says Thank You to 11calcal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
breaker12
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11calcal View Post
Just go into download & flash tar file it'll automatically replace philz recovery & you will just have chenglu on phone as recovery?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You could also try looking at THIS ?
Is that a question or an answer, sir? Cause you have this "?" in the end. hehe. Thank you very much for the help!
 
11calcal
Old
#9  
11calcal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 983
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
Is that a question or an answer, sir? Cause you have this "?" in the end. hehe. Thank you very much for the help!
It was an answer saying that maybe that thread maybe of use to you
A thank you takes nothing at all yet can mean so much

The Following User Says Thank You to 11calcal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes