5,596,354 Members 38,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[frustration free] restore to stock firmware moto g all versions

Tip us?

Mkdon
Old
(Last edited by Mkdon; 11th February 2014 at 06:20 PM.) Reason: attachments missing
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Angry [frustration free] restore to stock firmware moto g all versions

Hello Folks:

This comes after a bit of struggle to get this Moto G XT1132 Retail version to stock. For some weird reason the phone refused to boot after factory wipe via CWM..That shouldn't have happened in the first case. But **** happens and that's XDA helps the troubled users. There is still shortage of complete toolkits with full features around for Moto G not privileged like Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 yet..

Symptoms :

1. Moto G refuse to start and STUCK at boot / bootloop.
2. Normal fastboot commands upsets you by not flashing system.img or any other stock firmware files.

Solution:

1. Edit the RETAIL-GB_4.4.2_KLB20.9-1.10-1.9_cid7_CFC_1FF_v5_SVC.txt (its an xml file though) as attached with this post.(You just need to remove one line from the top; don't worry if your .xml looks different from this one; as I have taken this as an example)

2. Get your firmware from here : http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

3. Download the flash.txt file from this post rename it to flash.bat (its very important) put this in the extracted folder of your firmware.

4. Copy all the fastboot files in the extracted firmware folder along with the flash.bat

5. Rename the fastboot.exe to > fastboot-moto-windows.exe

6. Put your Moto G to bootloader mode

7. Click on the flash.bat file which is in the firmware extracted folder. It will do its stuff and may take few seconds. When the script stops just reboot the phone. And you are back to stock with no bootloop.

NOTE: You are on your own. I take no responsibility for any device getting bricked or whatsoever.

I take NO Credit for this and I have just gathered this information from various forums including XDA. I have just tried to put them at one place to make it Frustration Free...

If I helped you Hit the Thanks button down there...

I specially thank tillaz for the batch file which is a key tool to fix the mess

Good Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mkdon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mkdon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Reserved

Mkdon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
reserved...

flowerpoweruk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkdon View Post
Hello Folks:

This comes after a bit of struggle to get this Moto G XT1132 Retail version to stock. For some weird reason the phone refused to boot after factory wipe via CWM..That shouldn't have happened in the first case. But **** happens and that's XDA helps the troubled users. There is still shortage of complete toolkits with full features around for Moto G not privileged like Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 yet..

Symptoms :

1. Moto G refuse to start and STUCK at boot / bootloop.
2. Normal fastboot commands upsets you by not flashing system.img or any other stock firmware files.

Solution:

1. Edit the RETAIL-GB_4.4.2_KLB20.9-1.10-1.9_cid7_CFC_1FF_v5_SVC.txt (its an xml file though) as attached with this post.(You just need to remove one line from the top; don't worry if your .xml looks different from this one; as I have taken this as an example)

2. Get your firmware from here : http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

3. Download the flash.txt file from this post rename it to flash.bat (its very important) put this in the extracted folder of your firmware.

4. Copy all the fastboot files in the extracted firmware folder along with the flash.bat

5. Rename the fastboot.exe to > fastboot-moto-windows.exe

6. Put your Moto G to bootloader mode

7. Click on the flash.bat file which is in the firmware extracted folder. It will do its stuff and may take few seconds. When the script stops just reboot the phone. And you are back to stock with no bootloop.

NOTE: You are on your own. I take no responsibility for any device getting bricked or whatsoever.

I take NO Credit for this and I have just gathered this information from various forums including XDA. I have just tried to put them at one place to make it Frustration Free...

If I helped you Hit the Thanks button down there...

I specially thank tillaz for the batch file which is a key tool to fix the mess

Good Luck
worked!!!!!!!!

you sir... are a legend!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much!!!!

Mkdon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpoweruk View Post
worked!!!!!!!!

you sir... are a legend!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much!!!!

I am glad it helped you. Enjoy the amazing device.

sinkadorable
Old
Thanks Meter 1
my phone german retail. can i use this tutorial?

Mkdon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkadorable View Post
my phone german retail. can i use this tutorial?
I think so. Just give a shot. if it doesnt work then just replace the stock firmware from GB to DE. Alles Beste!

Tags
bootloop, fastboot, moto g, moto g stuck