Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC Sensation Z710e won't boot past HTC logo

OP sMACiya

16th April 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi, I'm a new member here. Today I rooted my HTC sensation Z710e in hopes of installing Kitkat 4.4.2 on it. I unlocked boot loader through HTC Dev website, installed CWM and rooted it successfully. I never S-Offed my device. It's on/was official 4.0.3 ROM. It's still S-On. I tried flashing kitkat rom through CWM. It said it's successful but when I restarted my device it just won't pass the green HTC logo. Have I somehow bricked my device ? Is there anyway of making it boot normally. I still want to install kitkat rom though.

PS: It was my first rooting attempt

Help appreciated 😊
16th April 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
Mile_zdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 276
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMACiya

Hi, I'm a new member here. Today I rooted my HTC sensation Z710e in hopes of installing Kitkat 4.4.2 on it. I unlocked boot loader through HTC Dev website, installed CWM and rooted it successfully. I never S-Offed my device. It's on/was official 4.0.3 ROM. It's still S-On. I tried flashing kitkat rom through CWM. It said it's successful but when I restarted my device it just won't pass the green HTC logo. Have I somehow bricked my device ? Is there anyway of making it boot normally. I still want to install kitkat rom though.

PS: It was my first rooting attempt

Help appreciated 😊

you need to change you recovery to 4ext the lattest 1.0.0.6 RC1 and enable smartflash before flashing the rom or if it doesnt boot again you need to flash boot.img from pc via fastboott
16th April 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

you need to change you recovery to 4ext the lattest 1.0.0.6 RC1 and enable smartflash before flashing the rom or if it doesnt boot again you need to flash boot.img from pc via fastboott

I tried flashing 4ext but CWM just says installation aborted. Do you have any guide for it ?
16th April 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #4  
Mile_zdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 276
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMACiya

I tried flashing 4ext but CWM just says installation aborted. Do you have any guide for it ?

no you can't flash recovery from recovery here is the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631861 step 2 read all guide this is for flashing roms with s-on it will help you
17th April 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
3354434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

no you can't flash recovery from recovery here is the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631861 step 2 read all guide this is for flashing roms with s-on it will help you

Thanks. Guide worked. My phone is on 4.4.2 now 😆
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes