FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Note 3 N9005 Root help!

14th April 2014, 02:30 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello i have following note 3 and i am trying to root it with odin, but when i run odin it ''installs'' the CF-auto root but supersu is not still there?
what i do wrong?

Running kitkat 4.4.2

Baseband N9005XXUENC2

Tools i used Odin 3.09 and CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar
 
 
14th April 2014, 02:33 PM |#2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappex

Hello i have following note 3 and i am trying to root it with odin, but when i run odin it ''installs'' the CF-auto root but supersu is not still there?
what i do wrong?

Running kitkat 4.4.2

Baseband N9005XXUENC2

Tools i used Odin 3.09 and CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar

Are you sure. You download the correct cf root for your firmware?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-n9005
14th April 2014, 02:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Are you sure. You download the correct cf root for your firmware?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-n9005

Yes, i have checked that like 100 times. Can't figure out what would be the reason.
14th April 2014, 03:36 PM |#4  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 628
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappex

Yes, i have checked that like 100 times. Can't figure out what would be the reason.

Go to play store, download super su.... Install...
If you rooted properly it should work...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 03:43 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Go to play store, download super su.... Install...
If you rooted properly it should work...

Thanks! got to love you (no homo) !

It works now, usualy when i am rooted phone it installs with root.
14th April 2014, 03:50 PM |#6  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 628
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappex

Thanks! got to love you (no homo) !

It works now, usualy when i am rooted phone it installs with root.

No worries, had the same problem on one of my rooting adventures too....
14th April 2014, 11:50 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Got a stange root problem.

Have got stock firmware N9005XXUENC2_N9005OLBENC2_MM1. Installed using ODIN 3.09. Then applied CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005 Autoroot (Latest).

All applied fine.

Problem is when a app now request/needs root permissions SuperUser does not prompt for permissions. App just hangs.

Have checked root via number of apps. All showing ok. Super user launches fine with no apps in register.

For example (eg File Explorer KitKat fix) it just hangs and does not user the prompt. Apps just hangs. All root requesting apps are the same. Hangs on initial access/prompt

Any fixes/thoughts?
15th April 2014, 12:12 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_nz

Got a stange root problem.

Have got stock firmware N9005XXUENC2_N9005OLBENC2_MM1. Installed using ODIN 3.09. Then applied CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005 Autoroot (Latest).

All applied fine.

Problem is when a app now request/needs root permissions SuperUser does not prompt for permissions. App just hangs.

Have checked root via number of apps. All showing ok. Super user launches fine with no apps in register.

For example (eg File Explorer KitKat fix) it just hangs and does not user the prompt. Apps just hangs. All root requesting apps are the same. Hangs on initial access/prompt

Any fixes/thoughts?

In supersu setting set default access to grant. Clear supersu data first(setting>general>application manager>supersu>clear data)
15th April 2014, 12:24 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

In supersu setting set default access to grant. Clear supersu data first(setting>general>application manager>supersu>clear data)

Thanks but no luck.

Stopped Superuser, Cleared settings.
Re-opened and change to default allow.

Tested, Apps still hang on access,
17th April 2014, 12:25 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_nz

Thanks but no luck.

Stopped Superuser, Cleared settings.
Re-opened and change to default allow.

Tested, Apps still hang on access,

Re-flashed ENC2 then Root then SuperUser 1.94 and now working.

Few changes.
Checked "phone boot loader update" just for the Rom.
Same Root but used Super User 1.94 (Prev 1.93)

Now working and prompting.

Phew
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank