5,604,122 Members 49,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2][2014-04-20] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

Tip us?

porcino
Old
(Last edited by porcino; 4th April 2014 at 09:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Version 18/03/2014 is OK, no major changes visible, but I know that there are a few.

3/4/2014 still OK, had no chance to verify the modifications yet... There's still no black list, battery bar or black widgets for the basic functions. The system is quite usable for everyday work. No crashes, random reboots or other stability issues. Thanks and well done!

porcino
Old
Thanks Meter 44
No, not quite OK... The camera is playing up, freezes on focussing occasionally...

arizmin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I appreciate if the dev can list specifically what changes are for this version?
For me looking at the github list gives me almost no meaning... sorry as i'm not a programmer..

amunarjoh
Old
(Last edited by amunarjoh; 10th April 2014 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Hi
I have installed the aokp rom. Full clean. All seemed perfect till I received a call. I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. No sound at all.
I've been searching around, but unable to find a solution to the problem.

Any suggestions?

±++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a restore of dn3, and then restore back to aokp it appears to have solved itself. Or there is a little chance that I had overlooked something. Any ways, now it work flawlessly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

porcino
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I've seen such a problem long ago and with a different ROM. Do you have dial pad sounds disabled? Enable them again.

amunarjoh
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcino View Post
I've seen such a problem long ago and with a different ROM. Do you have dial pad sounds disabled? Enable them again.
Thanks for the advice. If it should reoccur, I will try your advice.

Just tried enabling ART. Ended in a lot of apps force closing. Glad I did a full back up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

porcino
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Camera still hangs under extensive use and in landscape. This is seemingly related to focussing. The gallery crashed a few times while trying to save a picture after editing. One it produced a broken image file. The HDR camera app hangs regularly when taking the second or third shots for further processing while autofocus is disabled...

I'm thinking now these stability issues may be caused by file access rather than autofocus.

These are old problems, which are still present in the latest ROM/gapps.

No problems with the navigator, Firefox, exchange email, calendar, etc.

porcino
Old
Thanks Meter 44
OK... Upon further experimentation the camera became more stable upon setting it up to use the external SD card for storage. Yet to try it in the field...

Does anyone have photosphere or Focal sphere running under this ROM? Focal takes spherical pictures, but I can't view them in the standard gallery.

alexander4all
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
I experimented with CyanogenMod 11 and got the same results, even there the Camera crashes while focusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcino View Post
OK... Upon further experimentation the camera became more stable upon setting it up to use the external SD card for storage. Yet to try it in the field...

Does anyone have photosphere or Focal sphere running under this ROM? Focal takes spherical pictures, but I can't view them in the standard gallery.

porcino
Old
(Last edited by porcino; 21st April 2014 at 10:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
In my case, the camera was freezing even without focussing, e.g. in fixed focus mode. Just keep pressing the trigger and it would crash after 10 or so shots. Fast or slow pressing, doesn't matter.

Tags
4.4, aokp, n7100, rom, unofficial