Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Call & noise cancelling

Tip us?

TheJackTitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Call & noise cancelling

I all,
I have just bought my xperia two days ago, and I have done every update the phone has found..
The issue is that when I make a call, people can't listen to me clearly, the word become pasty, incomprehensible..
Searcing in the forum I don't found nothing similar, so I just want to know if it's a software related issue or I must send the phone in warranty.
My software version is 14.3.A.0.681
Thank you..

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackTitan View Post
I all,
I have just bought my xperia two days ago, and I have done every update the phone has found..
The issue is that when I make a call, people can't listen to me clearly, the word become pasty, incomprehensible..
Searcing in the forum I don't found nothing similar, so I just want to know if it's a software related issue or I must send the phone in warranty.
My software version is 14.3.A.0.681
Thank you..
It seems it is a software problem. But you are not the first one to complain the mic problem of a new Xperia Z1.
So you'd better change a new one from Sony.

shteren
Old
Thanks Meter 98
i had a similar problem with my Xperia ZR, and some people had it with XZ and XZL, it seems to be certain programs that use the microphone and interfere.

for my ZR it was skype, i removed it and it became normal again... some people said it was google search?!

try disabling settings->call settings->microphone noise suppression.

it might help...

TheJackTitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried to disable the noise cancelling in setting, now it seems that the situation is a bit better .. I will just have a couple of day testing and trying to unistall application..
Thanks you!!!

daxdax89
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Is it better without noise cancelling so?

TheJackTitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
without noise cancelling it's a bit better.. but not enought to make a call clear as expected by this phone..
Today I try a factory reset

TheJackTitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I find out the problem, the Sim card caused the bad calls, I have just changed the card with the same carrier and the calls become pretty good now!!