Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost root after editing build.prop

Tip us?

ez4nick
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Lost root after editing build.prop

I made a backup of my build.prop file before I changed anything. The issue is that after accidentally changing the sdk version to 19 (should be 17) I cannot change it back because I don't have root anymore. When I go to the Super su app it says that there is no su binary installed. So can I refresh super su zip to fix this, or do I need to re flash a rom. I don't have a recent nandroid backup, but I do have older ones if that is the only way to fix it.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
Enter SuperSU and it should prompt you to update the binaries, at which time you can choose TWRP/CWM method or normal method, choose the TWRP/CWM method and it should boot into recovery and automatically update the binaries for you. If that doesn't work you'll just have to reflash your ROM.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ez4nick
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Enter SuperSU and it should prompt you to update the binaries, at which time you can choose TWRP/CWM method or normal method, choose the TWRP/CWM method and it should boot into recovery and automatically update the binaries for you. If that doesn't work you'll just have to reflash your ROM.

Sent from my Evita
Reflashing the super su zip was able to fix it. Thanks.