No registration required

Lost root after editing build.prop

OP ez4nick

17th April 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

102 posts
More
I made a backup of my build.prop file before I changed anything. The issue is that after accidentally changing the sdk version to 19 (should be 17) I cannot change it back because I don't have root anymore. When I go to the Super su app it says that there is no su binary installed. So can I refresh super su zip to fix this, or do I need to re flash a rom. I don't have a recent nandroid backup, but I do have older ones if that is the only way to fix it.
17th April 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,493

15,438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Enter SuperSU and it should prompt you to update the binaries, at which time you can choose TWRP/CWM method or normal method, choose the TWRP/CWM method and it should boot into recovery and automatically update the binaries for you. If that doesn't work you'll just have to reflash your ROM.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Enter SuperSU and it should prompt you to update the binaries, at which time you can choose TWRP/CWM method or normal method, choose the TWRP/CWM method and it should boot into recovery and automatically update the binaries for you. If that doesn't work you'll just have to reflash your ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reflashing the super su zip was able to fix it. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread