Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

very bad battery drain on 4.1.2

Tip us?

HUYI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default very bad battery drain on 4.1.2

it's been causing me a problem in the past few days, my phone would be fully charged i leave my phone on the side overnight and i wake up in the morning and my phone is completely dead.

i checked the battery status in the settings menu, and saw that the samsung syncadapters was consuming 49% of the battery (there is two red dips in the graph where the extreme battery drain occurred), i disabled all samsung syncadapters processes in TB but the battery drain is still happening and the samsung syncadapters is still working and draining the battery, not sure what else to do atm, i've exhausted google for a answer to no avail and the only thing i can think of is to flash the latest stock 4.1.2 firmware (BTU-N7100XXDME6) and see if that will improve things.

hopefully someone can provide some answer or else i'm just going to go ahead and flash the firmware.
Mobile phones owned: Nokia 5110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3410, Nokia 3510, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia Xpress Music 5800, Sony CMD J70, Sony Ericsson T618, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Motorola V100, Samsung T100, Samsung Galaxy S2, Current: samsung galaxy Note 2

my, hasn't technology changed a lot compared to back in the day

CMNII
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUYI View Post
it's been causing me a problem in the past few days, my phone would be fully charged i leave my phone on the side overnight and i wake up in the morning and my phone is completely dead.

i checked the battery status in the settings menu, and saw that the samsung syncadapters was consuming 49% of the battery (there is two red dips in the graph where the extreme battery drain occurred), i disabled all samsung syncadapters processes in TB but the battery drain is still happening and the samsung syncadapters is still working and draining the battery, not sure what else to do atm, i've exhausted google for a answer to no avail and the only thing i can think of is to flash the latest stock 4.1.2 firmware (BTU-N7100XXDME6) and see if that will improve things.

hopefully someone can provide some answer or else i'm just going to go ahead and flash the firmware.
Seems like you're familiar with flashing, anyway I recommend flashing to the latest firmware available (4.3), as it's available for all locations pick your location from here.
If you aren't familiar with flashing ROMs, feel free to ask for instructions.
Don't thank me, the button is more valuable to me.
Phones: Nokia 3110 Classic > Nokia 5130 XpressMusic > Nokia 701 > Note II
Rom: TW 4.3> CM11>Android Revolution HD 23.0

HUYI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
thanks for the reply, but i wish to stay on jellybean for numerous reasons.

but anyways i've disabled cloud sync and a few other syncing options in the settings, i'm leaving the phone to charge now after leaving the battery out for a couple of hours and see how the battery goes, if no improvements, i'm going to flash the firmware mentioned above.
Mobile phones owned: Nokia 5110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3410, Nokia 3510, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia Xpress Music 5800, Sony CMD J70, Sony Ericsson T618, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Motorola V100, Samsung T100, Samsung Galaxy S2, Current: samsung galaxy Note 2

my, hasn't technology changed a lot compared to back in the day

CMNII
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well the firmware I mentioned above is 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and it's unmodified provided as it is from Samsung/Carriers servers, you won't lose anything.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Don't thank me, the button is more valuable to me.
Phones: Nokia 3110 Classic > Nokia 5130 XpressMusic > Nokia 701 > Note II
Rom: TW 4.3> CM11>Android Revolution HD 23.0

AASonyKK
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
With greenify you can hibernate the application when you turn off the screen.
If you need to take notes organized and safely encrypted with password check my new application Note Crypt!