Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I update RUU 3.18?

Tip us?

bzgz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I update RUU 3.18?

Hi there,

I know this might seem like a really dumb question, but I was wondering if someone can point me the way to updating my One XL to this firmware or whatever this is. I really wanna try the newer CM for the phone.

Thanks in advance!

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,278

DONATE TO ME
You need s-off first, do you have s-off?

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bzgz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Man I would love to know what that means, but my friend helped me root my phone last year. How can I check whether s-off is enabled or not? If not, can you direct me somewhere I can do this?

Sorry for the super noob questions.

Thanks man

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,278

DONATE TO ME
Oh, I see. This is why I'm totally against people rooting phones for other people. Now you have an unlocked/rooted device but you have no idea what you're doing. You're gonna need to do a lot of learning. I need to see your bootloader details, to boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bzgz
Old
(Last edited by bzgz; 17th April 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the help man! Really appreciate it man!

EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.11.0000
RADIO-0.18as. 32. 09. 28L
OpenDSP-v28. 1. 0. 32. 0504
eMMC-boot

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,278

DONATE TO ME
You need to get s-off so you can run the 3.18 RUU, do you have SuperCID? You can check your CID by issuing this fastboot command

Code:
fastboot oem readcid
Sent from my Evita

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
This is why I'm totally against people rooting phones for other people. Now you have an unlocked/rooted device but you have no idea what you're doing. You're gonna need to do a lot of learning.
Completely agree on these points. An owner with a modified device, that doesn't understand the basic concepts of what is modified is very dangerous for a variety of reasons.

This is one perfect example, if you had run the 3.18 RUU with S-on (which you have) and SuperCID (which you probably also have) would have instantly bricked the phone.

Its a very good thing you asked, before proceeding.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)