5,595,760 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbrick Telus Desire HD (QHSUSB_DLOAD after flash boot.img to S-ON DHD)

Tip us?

fairsimple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gussta View Post
This weekend my friend will bring me a dhd with bad eMMC.
I will try to bypass it and install ROM to SD card.
Are you going to touch the hw to make the phoen boot from SD. I think you at least need the SBL, TZ, HBOOT and recovery on eMMC.
The Following User Says Thank You to fairsimple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gussta
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairsimple View Post
Are you going to touch the hw to make the phoen boot from SD. I think you at least need the SBL, TZ, HBOOT and recovery on eMMC.
This is phone what i was talking about in post #80 and explain a litle bit more of his problem in post #101.
This phone isn't in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode and you can turn it on, but it's in the same position.
You can't use it.
Yes i will try to touch the hw to make the phoen boot from SD.
I was reading somewhere that Qualcomm SoC first try to find next "boot" from eMMC.
If they can't find it than try it from sd card.
And if neithere there can find it, than goes to QHSUSB_DLOAD mode.
Maybe I can't do it like I would like to, but, what a hell.
I can't lose anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gussta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fairsimple
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gussta View Post
This is phone what i was talking about in post #80 and explain a litle bit more of his problem in post #101.
This phone isn't in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode and you can turn it on, but it's in the same position.
You can't use it.
Yes i will try to touch the hw to make the phoen boot from SD.
I was reading somewhere that Qualcomm SoC first try to find next "boot" from eMMC.
If they can't find it than try it from sd card.
And if neithere there can find it, than goes to QHSUSB_DLOAD mode.
Maybe I can't do it like I would like to, but, what a hell.
I can't lose anything.
Do you mean the PBL(ROM) will try to read SBL from SD? If this is true then how about other partition like TZ.

I don't know if it is possible that physically switch memory address of the emmc and sd. If this is doable, then you are replacing emmc by the SD and everyone should be happy then.

As you mentioned in post #101 on page 11, I think the PBL still needs the SBL and some other partitions on emmc, and if it can run to either hboot or recovery then other parts can be on SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to fairsimple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]