Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whats the use of DRM services, Safe to freeze it?

Tip us?

Synide496
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Whats the use of DRM services, Safe to freeze it?

Whats the use of drm content launcher , drm content and drm protected content storage i freezed them with Titanium Backup , also gave a reboot , so far didnt notice any difference or FC.. someone said its used if you have paid songs and apps like mediahub.. i dont use anything like media hub and i have songs in sd card which are working fine counting system ringtones which are ok too..
The Following User Says Thank You to Synide496 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalKill
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synide496 View Post
Whats the use of drm content launcher , drm content and drm protected content storage i freezed them with Titanium Backup , also gave a reboot , so far didnt notice any difference or FC.. someone said its used if you have paid songs and apps like mediahub.. i dont use anything like media hub and i have songs in sd card which are working fine counting system ringtones which are ok too..
I don't know what is that, but it's the best to not freeze system apps that you don't know wha it used for

IT'S NOT ABOUT RECOGNITION OR
THE NUMBER OF THANKS YOU
RECEIVE, IT'S ABOUT THE
CONTRIBUTION YOU GIVE TO THE
COMMUNITY.
The Following User Says Thank You to GalKill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TECHNO_THUNDER
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synide496 View Post
In One Word No......THIS NEED FOR MUSIC PLAYBACK...

Here Is Some Information About That-
"Digital Rights Management, or DRM is a technology that enables content providers to distribute, promote and sell digital contents in a secure way. DRM technology allows the content distributor to control the use of itís digital content ( like music, ringtones, wallpapers etc ) by preventing access, copying or conversion to other formats by end users."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill View Post
I don't know what is that, but it's the best to not freeze system apps that you don't know wha it used for

Synide496
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHNO_THUNDER View Post
In One Word No......THIS NEED FOR MUSIC PLAYBACK...

Here Is Some Information About That-
"Digital Rights Management, or DRM is a technology that enables content providers to distribute, promote and sell digital contents in a secure way. DRM technology allows the content distributor to control the use of itís digital content ( like music, ringtones, wallpapers etc ) by preventing access, copying or conversion to other formats by end users."
But... my music playback does work fine with that freezed.. probably because i dont hav any paid / protected songs n stuff