Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Whats the use of DRM services, Safe to freeze it?

OP Synide496

17th April 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Whats the use of drm content launcher , drm content and drm protected content storage i freezed them with Titanium Backup , also gave a reboot , so far didnt notice any difference or FC.. someone said its used if you have paid songs and apps like mediahub.. i dont use anything like media hub and i have songs in sd card which are working fine counting system ringtones which are ok too..
The Following User Says Thank You to Synide496 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #2  
Reim Empire :P
Thanks Meter: 233

311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synide496

Whats the use of drm content launcher , drm content and drm protected content storage i freezed them with Titanium Backup , also gave a reboot , so far didnt notice any difference or FC.. someone said its used if you have paid songs and apps like mediahub.. i dont use anything like media hub and i have songs in sd card which are working fine counting system ringtones which are ok too..

I don't know what is that, but it's the best to not freeze system apps that you don't know wha it used for
The Following User Says Thank You to GalKill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag ALWAYS IN YOUR HEART
Thanks Meter: 186

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synide496

In One Word No......THIS NEED FOR MUSIC PLAYBACK...

Here Is Some Information About That-
"Digital Rights Management, or DRM is a technology that enables content providers to distribute, promote and sell digital contents in a secure way. DRM technology allows the content distributor to control the use of itís digital content ( like music, ringtones, wallpapers etc ) by preventing access, copying or conversion to other formats by end users."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill

I don't know what is that, but it's the best to not freeze system apps that you don't know wha it used for

17th April 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHNO_THUNDER

In One Word No......THIS NEED FOR MUSIC PLAYBACK...

Here Is Some Information About That-
"Digital Rights Management, or DRM is a technology that enables content providers to distribute, promote and sell digital contents in a secure way. DRM technology allows the content distributor to control the use of itís digital content ( like music, ringtones, wallpapers etc ) by preventing access, copying or conversion to other formats by end users."

But... my music playback does work fine with that freezed.. probably because i dont hav any paid / protected songs n stuff
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread