XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Waterproofing

Tip us?

sdam87
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_explorer View Post
The phone was barely 1 month old. The seals were greased with silicone vaseline from day 1. I used a magnetic charger connector all the time.
More than that, I'm pretty sure the water did not got inside on the flaps but more through the ear piece. We'll see what the guys from the service will say. I'm very curious.

// sent from my tablet //
hi im having so trouble just like you i guess. My phone hasn't damage but i notice that the back cover started to lift and i think this could be the reason of the damage to your phone too. i will add some photos (taken with an iphone 4s so don't be harsh on them )Click image for larger version

Name:	-2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	2678054

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	2678055
The Following User Says Thank You to sdam87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ro_explorer
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Thank you very much. Now I know I'm not crazy ...
Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock
Nexus 4 - 16GB - Stock 4.4.2 + xposed
LG G Pad 8.3 - Stock + xposed
In-house: Nexus 7 - 32GB - (Stock 4.4.2 - rooted), RAZR i (stock 4.1.2 - rooted), Defy (MIUI) + Galaxy Tab 8.9 (ICS stock- rooted)

zeus2602
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
The phone was barely 1 month old. The seals were greased with silicone vaseline from day 1. I used a magnetic charger connector all the time.
More than that, I'm pretty sure the water did not got inside on the flaps but more through the ear piece. We'll see what the guys from the service will say. I'm very curious.

Pls post the answer from the service. In the Tablet Z section i have read a case, where no problems accrued. (they changed the Tablet)

ro_explorer
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Back with some feedback. Today I received an email from the service company. They basically are acknowledging the defect and they said they are replacing all the defective parts and soon will be sending back the phone. I'm curious to see when that will be

Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock
In-house: Nexus 7 - 32GB - (Stock 4.4.2 - rooted), RAZR i (stock 4.1.2 - rooted), Defy (MIUI) + Galaxy Tab 8.9 (ICS stock- rooted)

theprince1991
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Back with some feedback. Today I received an email from the service company. They basically are acknowledging the defect and they said they are replacing all the defective parts and soon will be sending back the phone. I'm curious to see when that will be

Same situation with the XPERIA Z. The backplate was coming away from the casing. I think this happened because the processor became too warm for the adhesive and starting coming away from the casing. I never had water damage because of this but water could definitely have come in.

I have a Z1C now and I'm hoping this doesn't happen. You are WELL within your rights to complain, even if it was just to test it.
The Following User Says Thank You to theprince1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdam87
Old
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=ro_explorer;51901091]Back with some feedback. Today I received an email from the service company. They basically are acknowledging the defect and they said they are replacing all the defective parts and soon will be sending back the phone. I'm curious to see when that will be

where did you buy it from ? i bought mine from ebay and sony said that i have to send back to the ebay seller but im suspicious about them giving it back to me :s

I am very disappointed about sony making a device with glue (adhesive) they knew that the phone would have to get hot at some point, how could they just ignore that fact!!

ro_explorer
Old
Thanks Meter 500
I got mine on contract, from Halebop Sweden so it is under local warranty.
Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to ro_explorer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ro_explorer
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Update:

Phone is back. it is the same phone - repaired.
They've changed the display assembly and a lot of other small accessories (probably damaged during dismantling the phone).

On the paper it is also stated that they tested the unit for water resistance (after being repaired) and it passed.

The screen is slightly misaligned but I will just close an eye on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140417_163415.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2692048  
Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock

Tags
compact, waterproofing, xperia