[Q] New to the HTC community

OP nickrule1896

17th April 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
More
Hi, really a newbie to HTC, only played with LG, motorola, samsung and sony phones before, so some of the terminologies here are quite alien to me. So please help answer some questions of mine!!!

1. Is there a way to ensure that after unlocking BL, rooting, S-off, i can still go back to stock for warranty purposes? Because what i found out so far is that i can do this with s-off, but doesn't that mean i have to s-on again?

2. What can be done to unbrick the device? Like flashing of stock firmwares, and i don't quite understand the meaning of RUUs.

3. Some of the links posted here brings me back to posts found in the M7 forum, does it mean the methods work for both devices?

4. Is the ADB interface really an important aspect for modding HTC phones? I've never actuqally used one for the other brands though but it does see to be mentioned alot more here.
17th April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,452

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrule1896

Hi, really a newbie to HTC, only played with LG, motorola, samsung and sony phones before, so some of the terminologies here are quite alien to me. So please help answer some questions of mine!!!

1. Is there a way to ensure that after unlocking BL, rooting, S-off, i can still go back to stock for warranty purposes? Because what i found out so far is that i can do this with s-off, but doesn't that mean i have to s-on again?

2. What can be done to unbrick the device? Like flashing of stock firmwares, and i don't quite understand the meaning of RUUs.

3. Some of the links posted here brings me back to posts found in the M7 forum, does it mean the methods work for both devices?

4. Is the ADB interface really an important aspect for modding HTC phones? I've never actuqally used one for the other brands though but it does see to be mentioned alot more here.

Best advice I can give you is read all the stickie threads in General and have a good read around the development section, it seems like mumbo jumbo at first, but once you've read and learned the logistics... It'll come easy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
query, question
Previous Thread Next Thread