XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to the HTC community

Tip us?

nickrule1896
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question [Q] New to the HTC community

Hi, really a newbie to HTC, only played with LG, motorola, samsung and sony phones before, so some of the terminologies here are quite alien to me. So please help answer some questions of mine!!!

1. Is there a way to ensure that after unlocking BL, rooting, S-off, i can still go back to stock for warranty purposes? Because what i found out so far is that i can do this with s-off, but doesn't that mean i have to s-on again?

2. What can be done to unbrick the device? Like flashing of stock firmwares, and i don't quite understand the meaning of RUUs.

3. Some of the links posted here brings me back to posts found in the M7 forum, does it mean the methods work for both devices?

4. Is the ADB interface really an important aspect for modding HTC phones? I've never actuqally used one for the other brands though but it does see to be mentioned alot more here.
2010 - LG Joy
2010 - Motorola Milestone
2011 - LG Optimus 7, X10, Galaxy S
2011 - LG Optimus Black, Galaxy Ace
2013 - Sony Xperia V, Sony Xperia SP, THL W200, Samsung Galaxy S4
2014 - HTC One (M8)

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrule1896 View Post
Hi, really a newbie to HTC, only played with LG, motorola, samsung and sony phones before, so some of the terminologies here are quite alien to me. So please help answer some questions of mine!!!

1. Is there a way to ensure that after unlocking BL, rooting, S-off, i can still go back to stock for warranty purposes? Because what i found out so far is that i can do this with s-off, but doesn't that mean i have to s-on again?

2. What can be done to unbrick the device? Like flashing of stock firmwares, and i don't quite understand the meaning of RUUs.

3. Some of the links posted here brings me back to posts found in the M7 forum, does it mean the methods work for both devices?

4. Is the ADB interface really an important aspect for modding HTC phones? I've never actuqally used one for the other brands though but it does see to be mentioned alot more here.
Best advice I can give you is read all the stickie threads in General and have a good read around the development section, it seems like mumbo jumbo at first, but once you've read and learned the logistics... It'll come easy
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
Tags
query, question