[HELP] Recovery, Rom, Kernel....

Search This thread

snake_boss

Sep 1, 2010
Porto
Hi there folks!!

This phone dropped on my hands today from a friend of mine you is a excluded in this matters of customizing droid's...
So what I need to know it's the stuff that i should use to root it, like recovery and such, and the best overall rom to put in the phone. IF there is kitkat stable even better... If not Jelly Bean it is.

I'm not an expert, but i workaround pretty well, but i dropped on this forum today, and with so much stuff i don't know where need to look, and don't have the time to read it all.

So please, have some kind of goodness on me. :)

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
Hi there folks!!

This phone dropped on my hands today from a friend of mine you is a excluded in this matters of customizing droid's...
So what I need to know it's the stuff that i should use to root it, like recovery and such, and the best overall rom to put in the phone. IF there is kitkat stable even better... If not Jelly Bean it is.

I'm not an expert, but i workaround pretty well, but i dropped on this forum today, and with so much stuff i don't know where need to look, and don't have the time to read it all.

If none of the current data ia needed, then a nice clean full format to the New bootloader would be a good choice.

Use the AIO tool in the Developers section to format the phone to default new bootloader. you can follow the choices to install recovery, and download your choice of Rom.

The most stable and fully featured out of the newer roms are only the CM 10.1 roms. anything made later have camera and bluetooth issues.

Pengus has his own, Look ma no hands. its an excellent rom. along with his M1 kernel. its the latest you'll get to fully stable.

If you'd like more features, Tonyp made a T-build version 5 currently. use the same kernel from pengus again M1. and give that a go if you like customizing a bit more.

there are later roms. and they are all great, but they are still in development, with many bugs still to really work out.

you can also go Stock and try out the few very well made custom stock roms i believe there are 3 different dev's that have done work on ICS and did an excellent job of it.

Or you can stay on the old boot loader, and stick with GB if you really want to stretch out the battery life, and have every feature working.

the first few pages of the dev section would have everything I've just mentioned. but you could also use the Search for anything your having trouble with.

PM me also if you need more detailed assistance.

Reactions: snake_boss

snake_boss

Sep 1, 2010
Porto
If none of the current data ia needed, then a nice clean full format to the New bootloader would be a good choice.

Use the AIO tool in the Developers section to format the phone to default new bootloader. you can follow the choices to install recovery, and download your choice of Rom.

The most stable and fully featured out of the newer roms are only the CM 10.1 roms. anything made later have camera and bluetooth issues.

Pengus has his own, Look ma no hands. its an excellent rom. along with his M1 kernel. its the latest you'll get to fully stable.

If you'd like more features, Tonyp made a T-build version 5 currently. use the same kernel from pengus again M1. and give that a go if you like customizing a bit more.

there are later roms. and they are all great, but they are still in development, with many bugs still to really work out.

you can also go Stock and try out the few very well made custom stock roms i believe there are 3 different dev's that have done work on ICS and did an excellent job of it.

Or you can stay on the old boot loader, and stick with GB if you really want to stretch out the battery life, and have every feature working.

the first few pages of the dev section would have everything I've just mentioned. but you could also use the Search for anything your having trouble with.

Thanks ... Without knowing I did this by myself... Trying pengus cm10.1 :)

The problem with the phone it's that with stock rom the batterylast about 4/6 hours... And right now it's too test if custom rom's help a bit!

Thanks for the info... If I get in trouble I know who to contact!!!
+kudos

oneearleft

Jan 16, 2013

The problem with the phone it's that with stock rom the batterylast about 4/6 hours... And right now it's too test if custom rom's help a bit!

+kudos

New battery can do miracles. LG stock battery is highly recommended.

Reactions: Patrick Morgan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there folks!!

+kudos

New battery can do miracles. LG stock battery is highly recommended.