Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken volume flex

Tip us?

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinel13 View Post
A little help? I flashed it with odin and now my phone is bricked. It boot to the samsung galaxy s advance logo and then it stops. My PC reconise it and I can charge my phone, but I can't start it. How can I enter recovery/download without the buttons? I am pretty scared right now :-s
I think that you need to do factory reset... Can you use ADB? Try to delete data/data folder in root with ADB. You can use this if you need GUI: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2105707

You can try with delete of folder data/dalvik-cache.

P.S. I forgot that you flashed just kernel, try adb reboot recovery.

cristinel13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The kernel worked.. I mean the battery logo when I plug it in the PC is like on in kitkat. My phone works but it won't boot up. All I need to do is to enter recovery mode, but I can't without the volume button. Can I enter in recovery with ADB? I red that I can't use ADB with the phone turned off.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3182
Quote:
The kernel worked.. I mean the battery logo when I plug it in the PC is like on in kitkat. My phone works but it won't boot up. All I need to do is to enter recovery mode, but I can't without the volume button. Can I enter in recovery with ADB? I red that I can't use ADB with the phone turned off.
Try. Leave it sometime on that bootloop, and if it is possible it will give you adb access. Use reboot recovery command, like you did for download mode.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Antares_One
Old
Thanks Meter 1344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh right, kernels compiled on 4.4 can't start on 4.2-4.3... Sorry, I forgot that, do you have at least a very little knowledge about hardware? If yes, we can use a "pro" method that will 101% work to enter in recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Try. Leave it sometime on that bootloop, and if it is possible it will give you adb access. Use reboot recovery command, like you did for download mode.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately to have ADB on boot you need to modify default.prop inside boot.img's primary ramdisk, and he can't actually flash again...
Samsung Galaxy S Advance:
AOSPA 3.99
MoKee OS 4.3.1
MoKee OS 4.4.2
OmniROM 4.4.2

Task Manager for CM-based ROMS
Install/Restore 4.1/4.2 ROMs without flashing stock

If you like my work and want to say thanks, you can support me sending a donation with PayPal

cristinel13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You cand explain the method to enter in recovery, I will give it a shot.

kamalnath93
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
You cand explain the method to enter in recovery, I will give it a shot.
In terminal emulator get superuser request nd then type 'reboot recovery' then u r good to go...........

Antares_One
Old
Thanks Meter 1344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalnath93 View Post
In terminal emulator get superuser request nd then type 'reboot recovery' then u r good to go...........
I don't know why usually someone doesn't read previous messages in a thread. He can't actually boot his ROM, so no terminal emulator
Samsung Galaxy S Advance:
AOSPA 3.99
MoKee OS 4.3.1
MoKee OS 4.4.2
OmniROM 4.4.2

Task Manager for CM-based ROMS
Install/Restore 4.1/4.2 ROMs without flashing stock

If you like my work and want to say thanks, you can support me sending a donation with PayPal

The Following User Says Thank You to Antares_One For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]