FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] [Help] How to install stock firmware from Samsung via Odin when CWM is installed?

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By breaker12, Senior Member on 17th April 2014, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom). Currently running 4.3.
Please give me detailed steps on how to install the firmware i downloaded from live samsung updates for my firmware. Do I have to extract the file and what to do on Odin. Is it also safe to do it via Odin if I have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted? Can I also jump in from 4.3 to 4.4.2 without installing other firmwares between them?Thanks!
Last edited by breaker12; 17th April 2014 at 03:08 AM.
 
 
17th April 2014, 03:09 AM |#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom)
Please give me detailed steps on how to install the firmware i downloaded from live samsung updates for my firmware. Do I have to extract the file and what to do on Odin. Is it also safe to do it via Odin if I have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted? Thanks!

I dont recommend u update ur phone to Kit Kat. The final updates arent recognized by KIES. This mean are leaks with bugs. Wait for the OFFICIAL update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2690902  
17th April 2014, 03:45 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

I dont recommend u update ur phone to Kit Kat. The final updates arent recognized by KIES. This mean are leaks with bugs. Wait for the OFFICIAL update.

What does your screenshot means? I have tried updating via Kies and it actually downloaded the firmware I need. Isn't it official then? I just can't continue the process as Kies does not recognize phones with customizations or modifications, in my case I have Philz recovery installed as CWM. I want to upgrade because 4.3 in SHV-E300S has battery problems, as it terribly drains so fast!

What I want to know is the exact steps on how to update the phone via Odin IF Philz recovery is installed. Thanks
Last edited by breaker12; 17th April 2014 at 03:48 AM.
17th April 2014, 08:49 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Please give me thed etailed steps and settings for Odin. Is there also no risk on loaing my IMEI and network connectivity? Thanks
17th April 2014, 10:06 AM |#5  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

Please give me thed etailed steps and settings for Odin. Is there also no risk on loaing my IMEI and network connectivity? Thanks

1. Go to Sammobile.com
2. Sig and log in
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odin4c.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2691545  
Last edited by Joku1981; 17th April 2014 at 10:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 02:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

1. Go to Sammobile.com
2. Sig and log in
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it


Thanks sir. Additional question: Do I have to install earlier versions of 4.4.2 or 4.3? I'm currently using 4.3 and I've read from another thread here that I have to install other fiemwares progressively (from my current version to the next and further versions till I reach the desired one) to make sure partition configurations won't go wrong. Can you confirm this? Thanks again!
17th April 2014, 05:29 PM |#7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

Thanks sir. Additional question: Do I have to install earlier versions of 4.4.2 or 4.3? I'm currently using 4.3 and I've read from another thread here that I have to install other fiemwares progressively (from my current version to the next and further versions till I reach the desired one) to make sure partition configurations won't go wrong. Can you confirm this? Thanks again!

No. You can flash relaxed android 4.4.2 latest versions
Last edited by Joku1981; 17th April 2014 at 05:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes