Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] How to install stock firmware from Samsung via Odin when CWM is installed?

Tip us?

breaker12
Old
(Last edited by breaker12; 17th April 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] [Help] How to install stock firmware from Samsung via Odin when CWM is installed?

I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom). Currently running 4.3.
Please give me detailed steps on how to install the firmware i downloaded from live samsung updates for my firmware. Do I have to extract the file and what to do on Odin. Is it also safe to do it via Odin if I have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted? Can I also jump in from 4.3 to 4.4.2 without installing other firmwares between them?Thanks!

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12 View Post
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom)
Please give me detailed steps on how to install the firmware i downloaded from live samsung updates for my firmware. Do I have to extract the file and what to do on Odin. Is it also safe to do it via Odin if I have Philz recovery installed but my phone is not rooted? Thanks!
I dont recommend u update ur phone to Kit Kat. The final updates arent recognized by KIES. This mean are leaks with bugs. Wait for the OFFICIAL update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2690902  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

breaker12
Old
(Last edited by breaker12; 17th April 2014 at 03:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
I dont recommend u update ur phone to Kit Kat. The final updates arent recognized by KIES. This mean are leaks with bugs. Wait for the OFFICIAL update.
What does your screenshot means? I have tried updating via Kies and it actually downloaded the firmware I need. Isn't it official then? I just can't continue the process as Kies does not recognize phones with customizations or modifications, in my case I have Philz recovery installed as CWM. I want to upgrade because 4.3 in SHV-E300S has battery problems, as it terribly drains so fast!

What I want to know is the exact steps on how to update the phone via Odin IF Philz recovery is installed. Thanks

breaker12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Please give me thed etailed steps and settings for Odin. Is there also no risk on loaing my IMEI and network connectivity? Thanks

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 17th April 2014 at 10:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Please give me thed etailed steps and settings for Odin. Is there also no risk on loaing my IMEI and network connectivity? Thanks
1. Go to Sammobile.com
2. Sig and log in
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odin4c.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2691545  

The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

breaker12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
1. Go to Sammobile.com
2. Sig and log in
3. Download this firmware: HERE. Its the latest firmware for ur phone.
4. Unzip this firmware in ur pc
5. Phone in DOWNLOAD MODE
6. Open ODIN in ur pc and flash the firmware (like in the pic attached)
7. Wait for finish the process and ur phone will reboot
8. Enjoy it

Thanks sir. Additional question: Do I have to install earlier versions of 4.4.2 or 4.3? I'm currently using 4.3 and I've read from another thread here that I have to install other fiemwares progressively (from my current version to the next and further versions till I reach the desired one) to make sure partition configurations won't go wrong. Can you confirm this? Thanks again!

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 17th April 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks sir. Additional question: Do I have to install earlier versions of 4.4.2 or 4.3? I'm currently using 4.3 and I've read from another thread here that I have to install other fiemwares progressively (from my current version to the next and further versions till I reach the desired one) to make sure partition configurations won't go wrong. Can you confirm this? Thanks again!
No. You can flash relaxed android 4.4.2 latest versions

The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]